Technical Multipla not intermittent starting HELP

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla not intermittent starting HELP

charris

Hi
My Multipla has an intermittent problem.

Just had cam belt changed as there was an awful noise coming from that area apparently pulley was on its way out. Also it broke down and would not start for love nor money even though it was turning really strongly.

It happened again recently, had driven 30 miles parked up for 2 hrs and car started fine and drove another 6 miles or so. Parked up and after 20 mins went to start and again turned and turned but would not fire.

Rac guy suspected slipped timing, but piggin thing started the following day ok. Having read some threads could it be the crank/RPM sensor?

Bought car cheap, and now I know why, endless list of things to do including ABS still. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Do not despair. It will sort I am sure. (by the way I bought mine cheap and its in the garage right now being looked at...).
Rpm sensor or its related connector could be the culprit.

Thanks for the support. I'm getting a bit afraid to use it, and I really like the car. Do you know where RPM sensor is located. My husband is excellent at repairs, but without the manual it's difficult as you probably know.

Thanks again. I paid just over a grans for a 2000 plate. I don't know if that was good or not now. But I will persevere, thanks again for the help. It's noce to know others have bought cheaply and have to spend a bit of time and money. Next have to sort out tha ABS as there's no signal from the rear drivers side sensor even though we have replaced that one. So onwards and upwards so they say.

THANKS

The rpm sensor should be located on the block at the flywheel side (it picks up its reading from the flywheel.
I don't know for sure as mine is a diesel.
It is a good investment in my opinion to buy a multipla manual on a cd on ebay, its about 5 Quid and takes a bit of playing with to get to where you want to but a very helpful purchase.

by the way -
Are you sure its not the key code? have you checked that the key logo goes out every time you put the switch to on?

Thanks again for the help.
Mine's a diesel too. I have checked the key code on your advice and yes it does go out. So hopefully it isn't that. Local garage is going to charge me £20 to fit rpm sensor and sensor is about £30. so it's worth a try. At least I can tick that off my list then.

Let's hope it does the trick. Where can I get a rear wheel hub (toothed not magnetic) Local motorfactors only have the smooth magnetic one. That may be my ABS issue you see.

All the best with your motor too.

Back