MULTIPLA Man

Currently reading:
MULTIPLA Man

John Faz

Hello to you all. I'm a long term Multipla owner who is probably going to have to say goodbye following the MOT failure due to corroded rear subframe 😭.
However, looking at 124 Spiders now. Not quite as practical but hopefully more fun.

welcome sorry to hear about your troubles! nothing quite like the mot to get your heart racing now is there? shame about the multipla great cars;) not enough left now specially the early "frog eyes":p

welcome sorry to hear about your troubles! nothing quite like the mot to get your heart racing now is there? shame about the multipla great cars;) not enough left now specially the early "frog eyes":p
Thanks steveras57. We loved our old bugeyes that we had for over 10yrs. Now had this newer version for another 10 years. Can't get my head around the possibility of life without one I might yet do something silly to keep it going for another year or so 😂.

Sorry to hear about that. Quite a few rear axles get replaced on our little Pandas - they're almost considered a consumable!
I doubt anyone's making new axles for the Multipla, but you might find some second hand ones: https://www.gpa26.com/en/rear-axle-736/43-fiat/459-multipla/2262-phase-2
Depends how keen you are to keep her going, of course, and helps if you can do it yourself.
I think someone also got a rear axle repaired on the car by having it welded, if it's a spring pan that has snapped?

If the sub frame rust is repairable and not TOO extensive! as you like the car(s) so much it might be worth the expense of getting it done so as you can keep her going! I Take it the rest of the car is in good condition!?.

Saves the hassle and expense of sourcing something new that you might not like as much! once you have owned a multipla nothing else seems to match the conveniance and practicality of them ,unless you want to move up to suv ,s and the like! with the associated running costs!:eek:

There was someone on here recently 'advertising' a Multipla for sale, ie free, think it was on Ebay for £600 originally, 2001 model from memory.

Back