Technical Multipla front wishbones.

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla front wishbones.

sledgehammersid

I have just replaced the front lower suspension arms on my Multipla, looks easy and the book time was 40 minutes. HA.
I strongly recommend that you give all of the bolts (8) a good soaking in penetrating oil and then go in and a long slow cup of tea before starting.
After a lot of seized, rusty bolts to undo, (why do they make them so long that the protruding section sticks through about 1/2" and gets rusty as hell which you then have to unwind through the nut.?) and then removing the pinch bolt through the ball pin and releasing it the arm will probably just drop off to the ground.
I wish the new arms went on as easily.!I found the easiest way to get the arm mounting brackets into position was to first remove the 2 bolts holding the strut to the hub casting, you then tie the hub casting forward as far as possible ,this will give you a bit of room to manouvre the new arm into position with the aid of a soft mallet, it might help a bit if you slacken off the anti-roll bar mounting bolts but leave them still in position then you should be ok. first arm hour and half, second arm 45 minutes. just be careful not to snap any bolts if poss, they do rust up . don't forget to tighten up a/roll bar bolts when finished. hope this saves you some hassle.

Last edited:
Back