General Multipla 1.9 diesel

Currently reading:
General Multipla 1.9 diesel

balldee1

Where Oh Where, is it possible to source a rear axle for a 2008 Multipla 1.9 Multijet in the UK or elsewhere.

I have a complete one from a 2001 1.9 JTD, It has drum brakes but I believe its possible to retro fit the later model discs, it needs new radius arm bearings but should be an easy swap whilst off the vehicle, its not rusty though.
Located near Skipton in North Yorkshire

I have a complete one from a 2001 1.9 JTD, It has drum brakes but I believe its possible to retro fit the later model discs, it needs new radius arm bearings but should be an easy swap whilst off the vehicle, its not rusty though.
Located near Skipton in North Yorkshire
Thanks for the very prompt reply. I will have a chat with my mechanic to see if the brake issue can be addressed and that it will fit. Have you any idea as to how much you would want for it to include a courier to s.Wales - as I have no transport until the repair is completed. Any chance of a picture to show condition? Cheers, SteveK

Thanks for the very prompt reply. I will have a chat with my mechanic to see if the brake issue can be addressed and that it will fit. Have you any idea as to how much you would want for it to include a courier to s.Wales - as I have no transport until the repair is completed. Any chance of a picture to show condition? Cheers, SteveK
The
The brake issue is a non issue your mechanic can keep all the bits (apart from rusty axle/sub frame/bridge )from your car and fit them to the non rusty axle/subframe/bridge .

The only difference between radius arms is ; you cant fit non abs radius arms to abs vehicles ,unless you drill the arm to accept the abs sensor .

Best wishes

Jack

The

The brake issue is a non issue your mechanic can keep all the bits (apart from rusty axle/sub frame/bridge )from your car and fit them to the non rusty axle/subframe/bridge .

The only difference between radius arms is ; you cant fit non abs radius arms to abs vehicles ,unless you drill the arm to accept the abs sensor .

Best wishes

Jack
Thanks a lot Jack, I will contact mechanic tomorrow. Any chance of a photo or two to 07871828842? or [email protected]

Located near Skipton in North
Thanks a lot Jack, I will contact mechanic tomorrow. Any chance of a photo or two to 07871828842? or [email protected]
Hi,
Our
Hi
The axle is from a vehicle with abs brakes, I will try and get a picture this weekend for you.
Its a very heavy item so maybe it might be better to remove the radius arms if you don't want them to save transport costs.
I have no use for it as we swapped the whole lot over when the radius arm bearings needed changing so £20 for packaging it up if you want to arrange a courier as I don't really have time.
I'll give you the post code if you want to sort a courier.

@balldee1 - if yours is a 2008 car, I'd be surprised if it has disc brakes at the rear. Fiat only put them on the Multi for a short period (around 2005-6, I think) then went back to drums. The dealers even offered a conversion kit to replace the discs with drums for a while, because of hand brake problems with the disc setup. The subframe itself is the same, whether you have discs or drums. To the best of my knowledge, the rear subframe stayed the same throughout the production life of the Multipla and the swing arms only differ to suit ABS / no-ABS equipped cars.

Let us know if your car does have discs though!

Getting hold of serviceable subframes, front or rear, is becoming a bit of a challenge these days. It's worth keeping them well rust-proofed.

Located near Skipton in North

Hi,
Our

Hi
The axle is from a vehicle with abs brakes, I will try and get a picture this weekend for you.
Its a very heavy item so maybe it might be better to remove the radius arms if you don't want them to save transport costs.
I have no use for it as we swapped the whole lot over when the radius arm bearings needed changing so £20 for packaging it up if you want to arrange a courier as I don't really have time.
I'll give you the post code if you want to sort a courier.
It seems yours will fit Jack, any chance of photos, and if OK will arrange a courier. Cheers Steve

Few pictures for you. Its in pretty rust free condition but was removed from car at least seven years ago and dry stored. Radius arm bearings need replacing but easy job off car.
You could try 'Shiply' to get it picked up.

Attachments

• 20220116_140958.jpg
    20220116_140958.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 20220116_140848.jpg
    20220116_140848.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 20220116_140930.jpg
    20220116_140930.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 56
Few pictures for you. Its in pretty rust free condition but was removed from car at least seven years ago and dry stored. Radius arm bearings need replacing but easy job off car.
You could try 'Shiply' to get it picked up.
Hi, Have had a look thanks. How much would you want before I contact Shiply please? Cheers, Steve

Well from direct contact with balldee1 via the email address they added they have informed me that not interested in my subframe as sourced one locally!
Pointed out it might have been polite to let myself and everyone else on here who helped them out know and thank us... way of the world these days - puts me off bothering to try and help out.😠😠

Well from direct contact with balldee1 via the email address they added they have informed me that not interested in my subframe as sourced one locally!
Pointed out it might have been polite to let myself and everyone else on here who helped them out know and thank us... way of the world these days - puts me off bothering to try and help out.😠😠
Hi,

I think you were incredibly kind and put yourself out to try and help.

It helps me to know you and others are willing to help.

Many thanks

Jack

Personally, for the sake of £45 I think you'd be better off keeping your subframe if you still have (and want to keep) your Multipla. Getting hold of a subframe in decent nick, for the rear or front, is getting harder.

Where Oh Where, is it possible to source a rear axle for a 2008 Multipla 1.9 Multijet in the UK or elsewhere.
Hi, had this myself theirs a gentleman does multipla spairs and had a few I know this post was Jan so possibly sorted by now. I replaced all the back bearings and that worked for me but it was euro parts quite expensive.maybe yours is not that issues? In any case hope its sorted! Only seen one ugly bugs on the road in almost a year 😒 quite sad all the best Ellbass. 😄

Back