General MultiEcuScan Stoke / Staffordshire

Currently reading:
General MultiEcuScan Stoke / Staffordshire

Hi
my 2009 fiorino was also limited and i can confirm it is in the ecu software, well at least fiat pluged it into there box of tricks and turned it off
The van before was really sluggish with a top speed of 62mph
now fitted with a tuning chip from a fiat 500 120bhp and 115mph
Miles better
Luigi

Sounds like my van ,very easy to remove

Just buy an ELM 327 Bluetooth obd dongle (about £8 from eBay) and download Alfa obd app (android), you can remove the speed limiter with it ,easy

Attachments

• 15657709456681847813579.jpg
    15657709456681847813579.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hi
my 2009 fiorino was also limited and i can confirm it is in the ecu software, well at least fiat pluged it into there box of tricks and turned it off
The van before was really sluggish with a top speed of 62mph
now fitted with a tuning chip from a fiat 500 120bhp and 115mph
Miles better
Luigi

What kind of chip tuning box ? Is it the one that plugs into the fuel pressure rail?

That's great , as long if you don't floor it all the time the mpg will improve.
I did some research on them tuning boxes , all they do is lower the voltage of the fuel rail pressure ,which result in the ECU to compensate the difference therefore more torque and power..
So I decided to make my own ( bought the 3 pin bosch plugs for £8 eBay ,few resistors to lower the 5v input wire of the fuel rail pressure sensor by 0.04v ,brought it down to 4.96v, anything below that the ECU detects it and put the engine into limp mode) , the result was good , more torque and the acceleration is linear till 4500 rpm , no more black smoke , running lean. Obviously a remap is the best way to go to improve fuel economy and torque.

Last edited:
Lowering the signal from the fuel pressure sensor causes the ECU see the pressure as low. This causes it increase the pressure causing more fuel to be injected for the same injetor on time. All diesel engines run lean, the power is controlled by the air / fuel ratio, the fuel / air ratio is not constant like a petrol engine. Any apparent improvement in fuel consumption is false. In particular the trip computer will over-estimate the MPG because it is based on the injector on time and fuel pressure.

This type of "tuning" is a bodge and bad practice.
Did you tell your insurance company about that mod Luigi?

Robert G8RPI.

Back