General Multi-Colours

Currently reading:
General Multi-Colours

Hi,

A couple of years back the car that first attracted my wife and myself was a chocolate brown Multipla with rich red seats; really good colour combination. Since then I've not seen a single brown Multipla on Ebay, and precious few with red seats. Do you reckon what I saw was a custom job, or just a colour combination that for some reason didn't sell well when new?

Incidentally, in over 30 years the Multi was the first car we both agreed on.

Hi,

A couple of years back the car that first attracted my wife and myself was a chocolate brown Multipla with rich red seats; really good colour combination. Since then I've not seen a single brown Multipla on Ebay, and precious few with red seats. Do you reckon what I saw was a custom job, or just a colour combination that for some reason didn't sell well when new?

Incidentally, in over 30 years the Multi was the first car we both agreed on.

Mmmmm!..just imagine a chocolate brown Multi with Cadbury Dairy Milk wrapper purple colour interior:yum::cool:

Re: Multi-Colours plus fridge.

Mmmmm!..just imagine a chocolate brown Multi with Cadbury Dairy Milk wrapper purple colour interior:yum::cool:

That would work, but the red this one had was quite deep, almost scarlet:chin:. Another question (if I may be so bold:p). Does anyone know if the fridge unit that some Multiplas have between the front seats is a quick retro-fit? I've asked here before and been told yes, but a different poster said that the fridge is slightly wider than the seat so front left and right have to be moved sideways. Has anyone actually done this, fitted a fridge in place of an existing front seat?

Re: Multi-Colours plus fridge.

OK, I had a 2000W moon grey (dull silver) with red interior, which was a lovely combo as well. However, there were different combinations of interior/exterio, which varied depending on which of the two trim levels you choose (irrespective of engine)

The SX had quite a bright red or blue interior choice, but dashboard and door panels were grey.
The ELX has different red or blue fabric, and this also covered dashboard and door panels.

So the one you saw was standard, but quite rare, as most people went for blue ( I can't call them boring as they chose a Multipla!)

Brown is a poor selling colour in the UK, so I'd expect not many would be imported. I had a black one with red interior - that was a nice combination. :)

Yes, theres one down the road from me in Cardiff, a 2000 brown with red interior. When I was looking for my 1st Multi, I put a note under its windscreen to contact me if he wanted to sell it, but had no reply. Its owner must be a grumpy git as he never acknowledges me in my multi when I wave or flash so sod the booger.....plus its looking really rough now, imagine a faded brown multi with broken wheel trims....and rusty steel wheels poking through....nice

Last edited:
Back