Technical MOT Fail

Currently reading:
Technical MOT Fail

m0rg

Does this sound worse then it looks or is it worth saving ? its been off the road for 2 Years which hasn't done it any favors

Repair immediately (major defects):
Offside Front Headlamp aim so that beam "kick up" is not visible on the screen (4.1.2 (a))

Offside Rear Sub-frame corroded and seriously weakened spring seat (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Offside Rear Upper Coil spring mounting corroded and seriously weakened box section (5.3.1 (b) (i))

Offside Rear Suspension component attachment bracket/mounting corroded and seriously weakened outer and inner sill (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Nearside Rear Suspension component attachment bracket/mounting corroded and seriously weakened outer/ inner sill (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Offside Rear Suspension component attachment bracket/mounting corroded and seriously weakened inner wheelarch to sill (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Nearside Rear Suspension component attachment bracket/mounting corroded and seriously weakened inner wheel arch and inner wheelarch to sill (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Central Rear Electrical wiring insulation so damaged or deteriorated it is likely to cause a short-circuit wiring below number plate not insulated (4.11 (c) (ii))

No not really it’s all fixable it’s just you’re capability or wallet. If your close to another panda nut it my be simple as they will defiantly know what’s required. Mice have been in on the wiring. A bit of tape wrapped around each coductor will fix that head lamp is more than likely the bowl is detached from adjusters was fix take out bulb then pull back wards usiing apture pl as a leaver ( done ) omega axel if cleaned up and most probably light repair repainted. May then pass. Most problems are subjective as many pandas are not that often tested. So the mot station will era the cautious side

Last edited:
N B. Never just take the ticket. Ask
The tester what thinks as a it may only need that welding or this replacing. Many items could all be the same problem best of luck. SJ

Back