mk2 punto speaker

Currently reading:
mk2 punto speaker

thombeal

I have alpine front comps, 60RMS. had them for about 2 1/2 years but now the right tweeter (i think only tweeter but not too sure) crackles. is the speaker blown? or is it wiring? or amp even?

why would just one side go not both if the amp was pushing them too hard?

if i need replacements (to fit in standard places, no pods or anything like that) what would you lot recommend. minimum 60 RMS maybe more if i have over loaded them! budget is zero but i need them for holiday! i guess £100 (which is about what i paid before) maybe £150 if i can fit them myself.

i want power and quality!

cheers!

Does sound like it coud be damaged. Is worth checking the connectons first as maybe it has come loose or perished slightly. Are you using crossovers?

TBH you would probably be best off just changing your tweeters if the speakers are alright. Be cheaper if it is damaged.

A couple of my friends use vibe components running straight from there head units and they are very loud and sound quaility seems good for the price.

cheers for help.

I took out the speaker and one wire was loose. plugged it all back in securely and now is fine. the window used to make a little noise when winding it down which must have been it catching on the wires but it doesnt do that anymore either.

Back