Technical mis fire under hard acceleration

Currently reading:
Technical mis fire under hard acceleration

MickeyBravo

Daily Drive 5dr 1.8 Focus
hi guys just bought a 20vt,it mis fires under hard acceleration.
Could this be down to warn spark plugs.coil packs?

havnt bought the car yet,due to pick it up at weekend

Cheers
Mike

could be anything bud. compession test would be the first port of call for me.

could be anything bud. compession test would be the first port of call for me.

Didn't think of that tbh Well if he don't respond to my messages by tomorrow night then I ain't goin for it. I got outbid at 500,a day later he second chance offer me at 500 so I accepted,2 days an he not been in touch.

misfire under load on a 20vt won't be hard to fix. Coil pack is likely but it also has a small electronic boost valve that wears out giving similar symptoms when turbo is on boost. Go to the fiat coupe forum website and check out the buying guide before you in and buy

how would i know if its a coil pack at fault under load?
unplug each 1 in turn and if nothing changes its that 1 at fault? Or just replace each 1 in turn and by going for a drive?

Change the plugs first. Check the coil packs at the same time. Check resistance with a multimetertgd you have one. A single coil off eBay is peanuts and good to have a spare. If plugs don't fix it then use the spare coil to swap one at a time. Wiring to boil packs lives under a cover and goes very brittle. Handle with care. You'll prob find splits in the coil pack wiring insulation which you should post with electrical tape. Extreme cases need new wiring in that area. Take it one step at a time and make use of the coupe forum's search facility!

have had quite a few replies now on fccuk now,Most are saying coil packs.
Ive got 5 spare so im gona take um with me,also gona get some new plugs once i have it home.
Cheers for the replies :)

Mike

I'm having the same problem with my bravo hgt turbo convertion under high revs backfires an see quit abit of smoke flames have been seen do I have a bit problem

well since buying it,ive been over on fccuk,i replaced plugs (first poc),no difference,replaced 2 coilpacks as (2 were snapped and flapping about),replaced the maf and cleaned it with electrical contact cleaner,i also cleaned out the EBV and left to co pletly dry,i also cleaned the air filter..no difference. I then bought a new Lambda Sensor and inspected plugs at the same time,to which i noticed the plugs and old L/S were covered in soot which was a bad case of over fueling.
Since cleaning the plugs and fitting a New lambda,the car pulls like a train now.

If your car is backfiring then that is a sign of over fueling.

Hope thats some helpul info to you

Back