General Mirrors from 3 doors punto on a cabrio

Currently reading:
General Mirrors from 3 doors punto on a cabrio

Hi, I'm restoring a punto cabrio. my mirrors plastics is broken and I need new ones, but in ebay I can only find mirrors for 5 and 3 doors punto 176. So will 3 doors punto mirrors fit my cabrio? Anyone tried this?

My cabrio is early 1995 car, I noticed few minor changes from later cabrios already, like in the rear light, boot struts, interior light which have slight variations.

Hi, I fitted a mirror from GT on my 1994 Cabrio. The only difference I found was that the operating lever inside works upside down, so you have to push down to raise the mirror and up to lower it. Side to side is the same as the original. The key thing is to ensure that the mirror has a smooth plastic case designed for paint and not the black textured finish.

Thanks, really good to hear. You refer to manual mirrors not electric ones, right?

And actually my car is 60s so black textured is what i already have which is fine by me :)

Picture

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_162616.jpg
    IMG_20200806_162616.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
I agree. I had to source a "real" one for the 97 cabrio. There do seem to be two types though (early & later?)

Back