MCD 36 CD Cartridge - Free

Currently reading:
MCD 36 CD Cartridge - Free

G

Gavin

Hi

Title says it all, my MCD36 died and the only useble bit was the CD cartridge holder.

Is this any use to anyone, nothing wrong with it as far as I know, what failed was the CD part of it, not loading discs and then not reading them.

Free to anyone who wants it, I found on here how to modify the stereo to take a Aux (read ipod) input so offering this back as a gesture of thanks.

I'd appreciate the postage of you cn collect form Harlow Essex, but it won't be that heavy to post to anywhere in the UK it's not really a bother.

Hi Gavin can you share your findings on how you modified the stereo to take AUX... I have the CD changer and mine is on its way out starting to jump and skip..... i would like to plug my phone it via the RCA Audio cable to AUX..

P010810_075601.jpg

As per other thread fantasic find and big thumbs up i'll let you know how i get on...

Cheers

Karl

P010810_075601.jpg

Just a though here....

Where the guide suggests fitting a resister to the the BUS in order to fool the stereo into think the cd player is present .

Would it not still work just bridging the audio inputs (18/19/20)the stereo would still display MCD but if there was no cartridge obviously it wont play however the MP3\IPOD\BB player audio would still be able to be transmitted through the stereo and out the speakers....

P010810_075601.jpg

Yes and no...

Hi

I've got a AD182/H2 stereo - YMMV if you have another model!

The cable I got from Fleabay looks like a wire link between 13 and 15, and the stereo does not register it as MCD but rather AUX.

I guess that if it's not getting the data flow from the MCD on the data line such as what disk and the play time then something in the stereo firmware says display AUX rather than MCD.

I do know that when I unplugged the MCD to throw it out the dead unit the stereo displayed somethign like NO DATA on the display, and once turned off and back on it WILL NOT switch to MCD mode if theres nothing connected, so at the very least it needs something on pins 13 and 15 to link them to register that theres something there.

This is really the same as if there is no tape loaded in the the tape drive then you cannot select tape by the SRC button.

Ah ok, so the stereo only detects the MCD if the cd cartridge is inserted...

My thoughts where to keep the MCD Player and have a bridge off pin (18/19/20) to an MP3/IPOD/BB so that i can play old CD's that i have and also switch between the MP3 when needed.

Cheers

Karl

P010810_075601.jpg