Currently reading:
General May sell my mk1 Uno Turbo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick80

Hi All,

I'm thinking of selling my mk1 Uno Turbo
icon_e_sad.gif

I've had it for years and I never seem to have the money to do anything to it so I'd like to think there's other people out there who have the means to restore this car.

It's a 1985 B-plate Turbo, registered in June before they went on sale and was a press car - I have the issue of Performance Car mag where it is road tested!

It is in one piece apart from having the rear calipers removed as I started to do some work a while back.

-Metallic Green paintwork
-99k miles
-Interior is good, needs a clean as car has been standing for a long time. Usual wear on drivers seat. Headlining sagging a bit.
-Wheels in ok condition
-I got the engine running a while back so it works at least!
-The previous owner told me it had a new turbo and i can see its had a new fuel pump.
-Bodywork: Roof has small patches of rust and some filler around the sunroof, I've not looked at the rear turrets but the rear panel (behind bumper) is rotten. Bonnet has dents, will need replacing. Unfortunately the paintwork is poor, it was sat near a church according to the previous owner while they were spraying it with some chemical and the Uno got splashed, stripping the paint in patches. They gave the owner money for a respray but he never did it!

I think the best for this Uno would be to replace sills for piece of mind, treat rust patches, replace rear panel, respray in original colour and replace the awesome old-school red 'turbo' decals, strip and clean the engine,with new rings and bearings, new clutch and exhaust, tidy interior and do something with drivers seat or do what i was going to do and fit a pair of Integrale Recaros, rebuild brakes, re-underseal, usual sort of stuff for an 80's Fiat!

I really don't want to sell it and I'm not convinced that I will yet but wanted to see how much interest there was. I would love it to go to someone who can do it justice, it's certainly not worth breaking and anyone who loves Unos couldn't do that! No idea what its worth, I guess it depends who wants it - at the end of the day its just a 25 yr old Fiat Uno! Albeit a particularly rare one.

Will put pics up when I get home.

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

Please place all adverts, even those gauging interest, in the classifieds section of the forum as per the rules:

https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/

I also remember the turbo you have. I'm sure you've posted about it on here before? It deserves to be saved as it is clearly one of the earliest, if not THE earliest Uno Turbo in the UK and as such has historical significance to Uno fans.

Let us know what you decide.

All the best,

Chas

Last edited:
Hi yes it was me that posted before, could remember old login as it was under a really old email address! Hence the new one.

Anyway, sorry I should have read the posting rules and put this in the right place.

I know it should be saved but to do it to a good standard I'd estimate £2500 ish including respray and I cannot see myself having that spare for years! Too many house repairs needed, a wedding, daily driver car needs replacing, all the boring stuff.

Hi yes it was me that posted before, could remember old login as it was under a really old email address! Hence the new one.

Anyway, sorry I should have read the posting rules and put this in the right place.

I know it should be saved but to do it to a good standard I'd estimate £2500 ish including respray and I cannot see myself having that spare for years! Too many house repairs needed, a wedding, daily driver car needs replacing, all the boring stuff.

No problem! If you could copy and paste the above into a wanted advert in the classifieds then that would be great (y) Let me know when you've done this so I can close the thread to keep things in order :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back