Technical Mate's Tipo - any advice

Currently reading:
Technical Mate's Tipo - any advice

Hi guys

This is a story about my mate's Tipo [well, it belongs to his wife, to be fair].

It is an H plate, with 125k on the clock, and in real good nick apparentely. Just been taxed and MOT'd. Well, a few days ago, the AA got called out to it, and he said the rear suspension [could be front :p] was gone, and advised not to drive the car....this was a few days after having MOT done as well.

My mate ended up buying a Pug 405 anyway, but now left with the Tipo on his driveway.

He is not sure what to do with it - get it fixed, sell it as seen, break it?! So, any advice? I can get more info if needed - the guy has no net access.

If they didn't even notice the suspension has given up, what else have they missed? Sounds like a pretty crap test station to me. I would get it to another garage for a pre test/ check over, or put it through another mot completely, then decide what to do.
You could always place it on ebay, if it is in as good condition as you say it is, should sell on there no problems!
Not only that, its someone elses run around for a while!

Best of luck with it all.

Tipo Suspension ain't much can pick up a full kit, normal bosh shocks & sports springs for under £230, could always be repaired and driven as a weekend car or something.

If its got Fog Lamps I'll take those off him and if its got the red Tipo 16v rear light cluster I'll av them tooooo :D

Back