Currently reading:
Technical marea weekend tow bar

gabygraef

hi,
i want to mount on my marea weekend jtd105 a tow bar from second hand
i need some pictures from someone who have one on his car to see how it's fixed
thank you :worship:

Towbars are different.
Bought removable one from scrapyard (Kovil).
Remove the lower tailgate (4 bolts) and remove the towing eye attachment.
Place some wood under the exhaust and lower it too.
Usually the towbar attaches to the ready holes under the car, you just need to drill them trough to the boot, remember to use zinc primer or something to protect the holes.
Mine had removable supports where the lower tailgate comes, just drilled them trough and used the old attachments/plates.
Drilled hole for the electrics, sealed it and bolted the lower tailgate back.

The hook came with exhaust hanger, but it didnt fit (wierd becouse I removed the hook from a weekend, was missing exhaust so maybe it was different).
Cut the old one apart and welded it to fit and bolted it with the original bolts (the bar had holes for it).

Took less than two hours, didn't need to jack the car up as I got standard suspension.
Only used floorjack to support the towbar while attaching it.

Wiring is different story.

Didn't take any pics as it was pretty simple.
Took some today.
Right side, one of the original bolts for the towing eye attachment is behind the lip.
Exhaust side, couldn't take proper picture, but you can see the exhaust hanger as close to the bar as possible.
Behind the lower tailgate, some surface rust.

Inside the there are three thick steel plates for the big bolts you see in the pictures, also metal shims (pieces of pipe cut to form) so you cant completely crush the body by overtightening.

Back