General marea problems

Currently reading:
General marea problems

belbhoy

i hit a speed hump last friday and it damaged front part of my exhaust,i parked car up 4 weekend and took to garage yesterday afternoon..i picked car up this morning and mechanic said it was very low on oil and he topped it up..i drove off and found driving around today car is dead in 1st then u have to change to 2nd quickly then same for 3rd and 4th all i can get up to is about 45 in 5th..it seems to have no power..took to mechanic and he can see no damage around engine and says maybe i or 2 tappets are gone but wont affect performance..am not mechanically minded but it only has been flat since exhaust was fixed any ideas???? very much appreciated.
p,s i apologise if this has been asked before i just joined today and finding my way around

soz 4got to say new front end of exhaust was fitted[/QUOTE] also 4 got it is 1998 i.6 marea..many thanks

i'd check for an exhaust leak around the manifold/head. a large loss of back pressure could cause the performance loss. does it sound loud?

hi mate..is blowing out a bit but no power..have booked in mon 4 a diagnostics check do u think that wud find prob??

Back