Technical Marea door warning light problem

Currently reading:
Technical Marea door warning light problem

mmmbacon

Hi, Can I first say what a great website!

I have a Marea Weekend and the door warning light is staying on for the n/s/f door.

It started flickering and triggering the alarm, now it is always on and all the doors unlock as soon as they are locked.

It is driving me mad and just last night someone could see that the doors were unlocked and helped themself to my sat nav charger and holder(lucky my sat nav was in house).

Hope someone can help,

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for your quick response (y)

I have had a quick look but can't seem to see any visable switches? Am I just looking in the wrong place :confused: Unless there is a sensor/switch inside the door lock assembley itself?

I think its the central locking contact that the warning system looks at. I had a problem with the tailgate and reached that conclusion, so its door card off to investigate this. yuo could confirm this first by opening the door and operatng the interior light micro switch by hand, you can see it in the door frame

Thankyou all for your help, It seems that the problem has gone away (touches head) I twisted the part linking the wires from drivers door, so that the speaker was disconnected. The door warning light flashed then went out completely! Must have been a dodgy connection sending false information and thinking it was the passenger door that was ajar.

Hope this may help someone else, it's worth a try as a main dealer told me the whole n/s/f door lock had to be replaced at £160!!!
Keep up the good work. (y)

Back