Styling Lowering the Marea Weekend

Currently reading:
Styling Lowering the Marea Weekend

tell you what bulldog
¬
ive got mine lowered by 40mm and had nothing but trouble in 18 mnths
2 wishbones;4drop links;and 1 antirollbar;3cv boots and pwr stg rack. thats with 17" wheels fitted

ye fantastic cornering. but all the banging and clanging is it worth it? i know i wouldnt do it again. although it does look fantastic,lowered,alloyed and spoilered

hi bulldog, I've bought my marea weekend new it 2000, its been one of the best cars i've ever had. It was lowered by the dealer for me and was fitted with fiat lowering springs which were actually Eibach ones. These are the best springs you can get in my opinion, however Eibach no longer reccomend these springs something to do with the weight of the 20 valve cars.
I never had any probs with my car at all other than wear and tear. If you can get Eibach ones then go for it, be carefull tho' make sure they are 20valve springs and avoid PI springs as these were crap on my previous car, don't know what there like now tho'.
My car now runs Koni fully adjustable shocks all round, Eibach springs, 17' Mille Miglia Revenge 4 alloys and Novitec front strut brace.
Believe me when I say it handles, only drawback is it's a hard ride but well worth it I can't stop putting my foot down.

I've got a puncture that is too close to the rim to be fixed :(

So I'm seriously considering upgrading to 17" alloys and seeing as that will break the bank I might as well put some springs on as well.

Quite like
BK299 hi power or black
Asia Tec Kendo Black

Any thoughts?

polecat said:
I've got a puncture that is too close to the rim to be fixed :(

So I'm seriously considering upgrading to 17" alloys and seeing as that will break the bank I might as well put some springs on as well.

Quite like
BK299 hi power or black
Asia Tec Kendo Black

Any thoughts?

pics polecat?

Ooops :eek:

Top: BK299 Hi Power, black is similar to Kendo

Bottom: Kendo Black

Attachments

• kendo black.jpg
    kendo black.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 403
  • BK_299_HIGH.jpg
    BK_299_HIGH.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 14
I have lowered my marea sedan 40 mm, and i drive on 17" allys with 205/40 tyres.
I have no problems at all. I used Terra springs and Mac Johns dampers.
It drives like a dream now. It corners perfectly, and is still comfertable to drive - and finally - it looks good.
hjul2.jpg

I have bought it here www.nvautodele.dk - I don't know if they ship to UK, but at ebay.de you can find alot of kits. My kit costed about 273 pounds.
Theres no legal coilovers made for the marea :-( If you want it, you have to buy an adapter so you can use the ones made for bravo hgt, but again - it's not legal, and it's expensive.
I once got an offer, from a danish company. Thay could fabricate coilovers for the marea - but the price would be about 1000 pounds, and it is still not certified with tüv or anything else.

Back