Technical Low turbo pressure on 20v

Currently reading:
Technical Low turbo pressure on 20v

Hi everybody!
I have bought a 20v turbo and I've found this problem: manometer says I have these 0,5/0,6 bar (standard/peak) on mainfold.

I was thinking it's turbine failure (it's still the original one and car has 100.000 km), but oil level is always good and it doesn't smoke at all.
I tried to change also screw-regulation of waste-gate valve, but I haven't felt any difference.
So I suppose there could be any air-pipe damaged.
I will soon place two manometers: one on the mainfold, the other on the turbine to check if there are pressure differences.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

leaking exhaust manifold can cause low boost pressure, as the exhaust gases that drive the turbine are escaping before they get to the turbo. try check the gaskets.
also try looking at the inlet hoses for cracking if their old hoses.
another thing to check if the intercooler is leaking.

good luck mate.

Yhanks for answers (I read it just now, notify doesn't work!)

1) I've been thinking about exhaust mainfold broken (I know it's very common trouble), but I heard a particular sound on all Coupè with mainfold broken, not in myne; so I think it isn't that the trouble.

2)no lights switched on

3)car has got 103.000 km, original supercharger. I know it could have problems, but at the same time it doesn't smoke and it doesn't eat oil.

3)if I unplug the wastegate, pressure sounds ok, I'll try to connect a digital manometer with memory

4)what is "EBV"? The "Pierburg" valve?

Back