looking for work experience as a mechanic in Manchester

Currently reading:
looking for work experience as a mechanic in Manchester

Hi everyone, I'm looking for somewhere to do some work experience later this year somewhere in manchester, near chorlton if possible, for a week. I've helped my brother with his cars for years so I really want to get some time in a workshop. So if anyone has anything or some ideas can you let me know? Thanks Oh I am 14

Hi everyone, I'm looking for somewhere to do some work experience later this year somewhere in manchester, near chorlton if possible, for a week. I've helped my brother with his cars for years so I really want to get some time in a workshop. So if anyone has anything or some ideas can you let me know? Thanks Oh I am 14
Good luck to you young fella. I was pretty much a dismal failure at school and left with just a few "O" levels to my name. Not a hope of ever going to University, and anyway the academic life didn't appeal. Like you, I suspect, I had "mucked about" with old cars for years and knew it was what I wanted to do so I went to college and surprised myself by working as hard at anything ever in my life - didn't seem like work though because I enjoyed it so much. I achieved credit and distinction passes in City and Guilds mechanics and technicians papers and a diploma in motor vehicle management. Some time later I was accepted into the Institute of the Motor Industry as a full member, so got to put M.I.M.I. after my name. I've worked in "big time" motor racing and the garage trade - even taught it for a number of years and run evening classes in it. (the I.M.I membership was of value then as it gave me more "cred" with my employer) It's given me a very good living and, via the larger organizations I've worked for, a reasonable pension. Yes, a life in the motor trade/industry has been good for me and given me a very interesting hobby for my retirement. - Definitely get yourself sorted out pensionwise while you are young! Good luck to you, hope you manage to get your work experience. Kind regards Jock.

Back