General Locked inside?

Currently reading:
General Locked inside?

bevers

Hello, I'm having issues with my car in that it keeps locking me inside and I can only open it with key attachment within the fob. Though this doesn't always work either.

Currently I can open the drivers side door from the inside - or if I hang out the window and then unlock the car using the key, but no other door apart from the boot will open.

I've removed/reinstalled the battery and changed the battery on the fob - but neither are solving the issues.

Any thoughts? I'd really like to not have to climb out of the boot or window again!

:D

Something is tripping the central locking, obviously.

Next time you're locked in, try opening each window in turn (including the rear ones, if yours are electric) to see whether any of them don't work.
If the door has "died" then there may be a short-circuit or issue in the wiring plug to the door, inside the door jamb. The plugs have a horse-shoe shaped collar, which you can pull up, which releases the plug (so you can separate them). Clean up the/any offending plug with some WD40, some electrical contact cleaner and a toothbrush... then re-assemble it and push down the collar.

If it's not one of the doors tripping the locking, then it could also be the key. If the button (internally) is sticking down or is worn, you may be getting a "contact" to lock the car every so often. If you have a spare key, then use that for a while.. otherwise a key "body" is not tooooo dear and can accept the electrical bits and key blade out of yours.

Ralf S.

Back