Technical Lightbulb icon warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Lightbulb icon warning light

Sausage

I recently bought I Grande Punto, the guy I bought it from showed me that a warning icon comes on when you brake, this warning light looks like a lightbulb and he said that all the lights were working fine and was confused as to why it was coming on, he did not know much about cars himself.

This light continues to come on when I brake but only when I have my car lights on.

I did find a thread on here which stated it was a warning to say the disc/brake pads were worn down and yes my pads were worn down but I have literally just picked my car up after having both the discs and pads renewed and this warning light is still coming on when I brake.

Is this definitely a warning light for brakes? or is it something else.....or do I need to somehow reset this warning or will it take time for this electrical fault to understand that the brake pads are in perfect knick?

Cheers guys.

The brake pad warning light looks totally different.
pad light looks like this (or very similar)

pad-wear-indicator-light.gif

and the bulb out light looks like this:

4654344959_de4ce14496.jpg

As for whats causing it My money would be on a defective brake light bulb.... or a bad earth..

first replace both brake lamp bulbs whilst your doing that check and clean the multi plugs and bulb contacts....

then if that still doesnt work you need to pull the trim out the boot and clean the earth which is in the lower left (uk passenger side) under the boot lid rebate and trim

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/170508-how-replace-tail-light-bulb.html

I had the same problem - i changed the 2 brake light bulbs (or rather Halfords did :) ) and problem solved!

Back