Technical Light on Dash not in Owners Manual

Currently reading:
Technical Light on Dash not in Owners Manual

Fiat225000

Hi,

New to forum but had a fiat multipla for 6 years now. Despite it looking a bit odd its been a great car and as you can see from the attached image of the dash its done 225,001 km ( its originally Spanish )

Driving home this evening the engine cut out several times when pulling up to traffic lights, then a new light came on the dash. It looks like a sprinkler to me but I am unsure what it is. Its in the centre bottom of the dash and I have attached images. one of the entire dash and one of the light.

I have downloaded a scanned copy of the owners manual from this forum and it shows me every other light on the dash except this one.

Can anybody help please?

Thanks
James Payne

Attachments

• dash1.jpg
    dash1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 24
  • dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 348

When there is a failure in the injection system.

When the key is turned to MAR the light comes on but should go out after a few seconds.

If the warning light stays on on or comes on whilst the vehicle is moving, this means the injection system is not working properly, leading to a possible loss of performanceand driving comfort and an increase in consumption.

If this occurs , your journey can be continued , but excessive demands should not be made on the engine and your speed should be kept down.
Contact the FIAT dealership asap.

yada yada yada

Brief flashes of the warning light are of no significance.

Last edited:
JTDman,

I will take it to fiat so they can tell me how much it will cost.

many thanks for your response.

James

Hello
I solved this continuous problem on our multipla.In front of the paasenger seat on the floor where you put your feet is the plastic shield.Behind that is the electrical connection to your accelerator.make sure the plug is not loose.I eventually hard wired the multipi plug because of this fault after about £500 with fiat for this injector light coming on and going into limp mode.All they do is unclip the plug and reconnect.This nearly spoilt a summer holiday as it went into limp mode on holiday till I found the cause.
I hope this helps you
regards
Paul:D

hi all i had this on my mutlipla the preveous owner had it sorted but now its comes back on not losing any revs at all what should i do

Back