Technical Leak at rear of 2009 Bravo

Currently reading:
Technical Leak at rear of 2009 Bravo

barnacle

Hi folks,

The only hint I've found for a similar problem is this one: https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo/442714-water-leak.html?442714=#post4200171

Problem is that tracing a damp smell led me to discover both rear seat wells full of water, with associated soggy damping panel and seats. Removed and dried the wet bits, but left them out just in case... which was just as well, as the fault recurred after the car had been standing overnight in middling/heavy rain. On the drive, the care is nose-down by maybe a foot.

There were visible water tracks down the rear-left panelwork at the side of the seat back; the seatbelt was damp, and there were drops appearing from the seatbelt slot.

Which all rather rules out the obvious - leaky seal around the tank access or doors - since the car's not moving.

I'm looking at the aerial - which seems to be sealed but I can't see how to access it (and the roof panel is dry to the touch) - and the seal at the side of the boot aperture: there's a spot-welded joint with some sealant over it which looks a bit dodgy.

1) any other places I might look?
2) how do the side panels come off?

Thanks,

Neil

Hi! I had the same problem with my Bravo.In my case it was at the back,above the passengers side.Removed some panels,and done a good investigation,let things dry out,rubbed the roof carpet clean. On the top of the car,there are two black rubber strip running along,simply carefully remove these,and apply a thick layer of clear silicone grease.Problem solved!! In these channels meets the roof and the side body of the car,and probably the welding,or seal fails,and slowly,but surly let the water inside the car. Easy and effective fix.

Thanks for that Arpad. I was looking at that sealing strip with some suspicion, but it looked too well fastened down to lift it easily.

I'll give it a go if it ever stops raining - there was another half a litre in there overnight...

Neil

I've started at the back of the strip, lifting it up with a flat screwdriver,once it's lifts up a couple of inches just lift it, and pull it along. I've applied silicone grease all the way on both sides. I removed the side panel from the boot,folded the back seats flat to get some air in the boot,and cleaned the liner underneath back seats. Hope it helps!

Did this help ?
I've started at the back of the strip, lifting it up with a flat screwdriver,once it's lifts up a couple of inches just lift it, and pull it along. I've applied silicone grease all the way on both sides. I removed the side panel from the boot,folded the back seats flat to get some air in the boot,and cleaned the liner underneath back seats. Hope it helps!

Yeah!Just use silicone grease,not a bathroom sealant.Apply it thick,wipe excess off.Put the strip back on.Washing car regularly with hose,and pressure washer,no problems..

Back