Currently reading:
Kia 7 year warranty. heart vs head?

spot the difference :D

Attachments

• car ceed.jpg
    car ceed.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 40
problem is that after the warrenty has expired it will be worth about 50p
same as a fiat, although it happens to a fiat 2-3 years sooner.
i suspect kia will enjoy new-age suzuki style depreciation; not too steep but still steep enough to please used car buyers.

i woudnt be surprised if we end up buying a 3-4 year old pro-ceed for my girlfriend after she graduates, its either that or a swift sport. i cant see anything else for the same money that competes with either of them.

Last edited:
i've had a look at the Pro Ceed and i was very very impressed... but the Kia badge just doesnt do it for me... a few years on and once the depreciation has hit it i'd be interested.

The 2.0 CRD is quite slow? over 10secs to 60? seems a bit slow for 138bhp!

Also seems a bit low BHP for a 2.0 given you're at 150bhp from a 1.9.
i know on the accent some have acheived 200bhp on the CRDi with only a remap, so its about the same as the 1.9m-jet when both are tuned for power rather than the oem setup for fuel economy and smooth delivery.

I do love how Stilo-ish the C'eed is. It's probably why I like it so much.

One of my favourite styling points on cars, and one that attracted me to the Stilo is broad 'shoulders' - those high haunches at the rear if you will brought forward from the original albeit more rounded Bravo. Look at the copycats that have appeared: Volvo C30, VW Scirocco, C'eed.

I'm also impressed by the Kee concept from Kia - http://www.kia.co.uk/kiaconcepts.asp

Oh and as for the 2 litre diesel, on paper I'd love it. But as Honest John says on his website, the 1.6 C'eed3 makes more sense.
Not really slower but better economy and £35 tax even for the 113BHP one. Bit of a no brainer. Shame the 2l sport comes laden with some juicy extras though.

7th year covers only the things that very rarely break. Most begining to follow suit anyway. Fiats had a 5 year on the Bravo for a wee while now. rest of the range set to follow.

Also the Kias don't tend to be too adventurous with technology so it's all tried and tested stuff. Sure the picanto originally came with a steam engine.

Warrenitee is as follows iirc when I checked;

5 years unlimited mileage everything, 7 years (2 on top of the 5) 100,000 for engine and gearbox.

So basically everything is 5years/unlimited mileage, and if when the car is 5, for a further 2 years until its 7, if it's done below 100,000 miles the engine and gearbox are still warrenteed.

Or is that Hyundi :confused:

Back