Technical Key code probs

Currently reading:
Technical Key code probs

hgtbravopunto

Ok, let me start by saying hello.

hello...

I am new to the site.

Anyway, Let me start at the beginning. I have a fiat Marea 1.6 16v auto s reg. I left it sitting with out a start for about a month. When I started it I got a bit of a problem. It was only firing on 3 cylinders. At first I thought it would be 1 of 3 things...HT Leads, Spark plugs or injectors. Now, someone else done the work for me as a favor. They changed the HT Leads, the spark plugs (never touched the injectors) changed the coil pack and a number of other things, but, it ran worse than it did before...:bang:.

I got the car back and decided to take a look myself. The idiot didn't put the HT leads on the right way. The firing timing is 1-4-2-3 he put them straight on as 1-2-3-4. :eek:. So I think I'm back to square one with it firing on 3. I will get the injectors checked tomorrow, only thing is now the idiot has gone and cleared the key code from the immobilizer so the thing wont start at all.

OK, to my question...lol:D

Does anyone know how to re-code the key code to the ECU/immobilizer?

since its a 1.6 it is very likely to be an injector fault since that problem is very very common on the 1,6 model. a scrapyard injector will cost you £5-10, and it is easily fitted. search the bravo/a section and you will find detailed instructions.

you can reprogram the blue keys, but to do it you need the red key and 2 blue keys. the blue keys must have a different code to each other and the red key.

insert red key, turn to on position (mar i think its called?)
keycode light will illuminate then go out
remove red key
insert 1st blue key, turn to on positon
remove 1st blue key
insert 2nd blue key, turn to on positon
remove 2nd blue key
insert red key, turn to on position
remove red key

you only have a few secs to change your keys, so do this sequence quickly.

if this doesnt work and the code light doesnt switch off with the red key then you have an immob fault, usually a bad connection betwen the aerial on the igniton switch and the codebox next ot the fusebox. another possiblilty is a bad power supply to the immob ecu.

if you only have the red key and 1 (or none) blue keys then you can still do it, but we need to get your keys sorted first. thats easy, but i wont go into it now, but let me know if you dont have all 3 keys.

if you dont have the red key then things get a bit more tricky, but we can still do it, let me know what your situation is.

Last edited:
Back