Technical Key battery drain problem

Currently reading:
Technical Key battery drain problem

Igano

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but a long time Fiat owner (Cinquecento, Punto '04 and now Fiat Bravo '09). I bought my used Bravo '09 1 and a half year ago.

Because the main key plastic case was very worn I changed it with an imitation case which was exactly the same. I hadn't used the key lock unlock buttons before I changed the case but after I changed the case I found that the battery was been drained in a week. I tried 3 new batteries but they all held only for a week. Because I didn't try it before the case I have doubts that it could be the case or else there is some issue with the electric board of the key. Now I don't have the original case to find out and I am trying to find a solution to this.

I asked in the Fiat dealer and the key costs 330 euro (OUCH!) so that is out of the question. Has anyone experienced something like this and found a solution? Are there any imitation keys on the internet that I could use or is there a cheap Fiat dealer online to get the key in a reasonable price?

Of course my main concern is if there is a way to fix this. Thank you for your time reading this!

Just bumping the thread in case some one can help me.

i can sympathise a self repair at that cost for a new key, however i cant deny you may of caused the issue yourself. slightly damaging something, or shorting the circuitboard isnt too far fetched to think about. as for a solutio? i really couldnt say anything more than maybe try a top brand battery to se if its the batteries at fault (which i doubt) or replace it. sorry :/

Back