Technical K&N induction kit?

Currently reading:
Technical K&N induction kit?

Sando

Established member
Has anyone fitted a K&N induction kit? What is that really small pipe for? My mate says that it is a 'vacuum' or something like that? He says that I can just bung it up when I replace the airbox etc... Is this right? Has anyone else encountered anyother problems with a K&N that I should be wary of? Also...Is there an off the shelf pipe that I can buy to move the filter down into the front of the engine bay, away from the engine, behind the bumper?

Cheers,

The pipe (as far as I remember) is to connect the breather hose which you cut to the base of the K&N. You could just plug it up I suppose, but I would have thought that K&N wouldn't have gone to the trouble of including it if it wasn't useful.

The ideal filter setup would include an enclosed remote filter (such as BMC Carbon Dynamic etc.) which you could route the intake to the passenger wing or front grille.

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group
Clubcento

I did but not on a 900cc, on the sporting you got the filter, small rubber pipe a plastic and a even smaller metal tube.
The rubber pipe replaces the breather pipe from the rocker cover which connects underneath the filter via the plastic tube.
On the standard breather pipe that this replaces you will see that there is a small pipe connected to this, you cut this right where it attachs and connect this to the bottom of the filter using the small metal tube.
Does that help ?!?

My Car is now for sale, A total one-off, head turning bargin!!!​
voldar02.gif

Im quite offended...I own a Sporting! I think that you know what I mean and it does help (I think!). The pipe I mean is not the breather pipe, I know that the breather pipe connects to the base of the filter. The pipe I mean is a really fine pipe, about 2mm wide and comes from the standard pipe that goes to the standard air box. The pipe comes off the main pipe that feeds the standard filter and goes off somewhere behind the engine but Im not sure where!!

Cheers,

Sorry mate thought you had a 900 :I

Does this pipe have a brown end on it??

voldar02.gif

Dont worry about it...I fool a lot of people, it's just that I drive slowly! ;)

The pipe, Im not sure without having a gander at the car but I am pretty sure that it is totally black at the front of the engine before it goes behind it. Im replacing my spark plugs soon enough anyway so I'll have to take the air box off then, I'll have a proper look then. Is the SPI engine in the Sei the same as the SPI in the Cinq? I presume there is no advantage in fitting a MPI engine in a Cinq is there?

Not really for the money you'll have to spend to do it, modify wiring loom, new MPI ECU and new inlet manifold/injectors.

I know know what pipe you on about, The K&N kit should have a screw with it so you can plug it and tuck it away somewhere.

voldar02.gif

hi

sorry for not replying sooner to the topic.
I fitted a K&N to my SPI sei last month. In the kit you get a small bung to put on the tiny tube. Its not required when using the kit.
hope this helps, and btw, the kits are a piece of **** to fit, even comes with instructions with real photos on it!!

joe

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
Black Front and Side Indicaters
Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit + JBL speakers 6x9 in parcel shelf, 10cm in front, 10" Sub and GTO4000 AMP(600Watt).
Abarth badges all round from abarthbadges.co.uk

Back