500 Just ordered a Twinair Plus

Currently reading:
500 Just ordered a Twinair Plus

Good morning.

I am Richard from Hertfordshire. Really looking forward to owning a 500 especially with a 2 pot engine. Car should be here within 2 weeks.

There is lots of useful info on this site.

Let the fun begin.

Greetings. Ordered from Glyn Hopkin, Bishops Stortford.

It is in crossover black, black matt 16" alloys, half leather, climate control, dark tinted rear windows. I just went in the showroom and said I wanted that car (same as described) but they wouldn't sell me it. But they sourced another which they said was the last available.

I had gone into the showroom wanting a matt black street model. However I need the car fairly quickly after my old car has come to the end of its life, and they couldn't really get one in the time I needed it.

Well in the long run you may live to be pleased with your choice - not sure matt black would look good long term, or indeed stay en vogue.

hello,

i got mine back in march, midnight indigo blue, black roof, full black leather interior and very pleased with it so far.

had a couple of niggles with her but nothing serious.

averaging 45mpg at present going back and forward to work (10-12 more than previous car) so not bad cos i ain't light footed but if i fill tank full i can get 12 days running.

just about to use her to go to Tenby in wales from scottish west coast so will see what she does on a long run.

for me she has been a good buy so far and hope you enjoy yours as much.

happy motoring

In 1969 I owned a Honda N600 also a twin pot engine, air cooled too. It could out drag a Mini Cooper 998 quite easily. Fuel consumption was over 50mpg (or 50 miles for 25p them days). My workmate owned a Honda S800 DOHC (4 cyl) and four carbs meant it was blisteringly quick. The two cylinder engine is prob the way to go for the future eco cars none of that battery stuff. Enjoy your new car.

central locking packed up, drivers handle was the fault.:eek:

a constant electrical humming sound from down in drivers footwell that nobody can explain:(, just turn radio on and you do not hear.

not getting the promised 65mph but i have a very heavy right foot, will see what it does on a long journey soon.

apart from that not to bad(y)

I don't know of anyone who gets 65mpg tbh. I'm not heavy footed at all and I average between 45 & 50 mpg! I've had it at nearer 55mpg on a longer journey once, but we tend to do distance driving in OHs car :)

I don't know of anyone who gets 65mpg tbh. I'm not heavy footed at all and I average between 45 & 50 mpg! I've had it at nearer 55mpg on a longer journey once, but we tend to do distance driving in OHs car :)

Can get 60mpg on the computer (which is proving pretty accurate) on my trip to work, 30 miles.
Once had 69mpg coming back home.

I need to do a full tank with just me driving as when my wife uses it she ruins the average.

Sometimes I drive like a grandad, but to be honest MPG has never been that important to me. If the engine sounds good and I have a smile on my face that is priceless.

Back