Technical ive replaced injecter pump

Currently reading:
Technical ive replaced injecter pump

shadwell1959

ive replaced my injecter pump because garage said it was the problem it wouldn't start funds were low so did it myself still wont start got a code reader it said position senser I fitted new 1 still wont start it fires first turn but nothing after

ive replaced my injecter pump because garage said it was the problem it wouldn't start funds were low so did it myself still wont start got a code reader it said position senser I fitted new 1 still wont start it fires first turn but nothing after

What engine mate?

Was the pump new or did you get a second hand one?

Last edited:
Just thinking aloud here, but have you checked for fuel stavation from the tank?
Takes me back to when I first got my 1.9JTD 8 valve and had a starting problem. I disconnect the fuel feed pipe from the filter and connected a home made auxiliary fuel pipe that feed fuel from a jar full of diesel. Once turned over, the main injector pump had enough draw to pull the fuel through from the jar and ran perfectly all the while I could feed it with enough fuel. This proved the injector pump was fine.
In my case, it was down to the priming pump in the tank not getting an electrical feed to prime the system until the main pump could build up enough drawing pressure to feed itself.

Back