Technical Is it common for Seicentos...

Currently reading:
Technical Is it common for Seicentos...

Jayneybaby

... to go through brake pads really quickly?

I had mine replaced a month or so ago and they already sound like they're grinding metal to metal :confused:

Is this just happening to one side or both side?

Could be sticky caliper, but surely u would feel a drag when driving.

Ming

It seems to be on the drivers side, and it could just be me but there's a slight drag

This is not what you think.

New pads even on new disce need gentle use to bed them in, on worn discs even if your maintenance man has used a file to smooth off edges they may take a while to bed in.

The maintenance man shoud have warned you, expecially given the number of candles on the cake...

Noel

i had the same problem so i went and had a look. i thought that it was my front pads but took off the back wheels as well and found that due to all the salt and crap on the roads at the moment that my rear drums were just full of dust and crap which is what was causing the grinding. so check your rear drums! cost me £35 for a full chemical clean. now its all sorted

My first set of Seicento pads lasted 36,000 miles from new, they were changed at the 36,000 mile service by a Fiat dealer and the replacement set were down to 2mm by the 48,000 mile service..... I had made no change to driving style and the discs were fine. Fiat weren't the slightest bit interested in the lousy 12,000 mile pad life, so I put EBC pads in which then lasted about 36,000 miles again. However, if yours really are through in such a short space of time, you've probably got a seriously sticky caliper - or the problem goodeye mentioned - the amount of c**p that can come out of the rear drums is mind boggling....

The maintenance man shoud have warned you, expecially given the number of candles on the cake...

That maintenance man is my dad, and the brakes have had plenty of time to bed in, this grinding noise has only started happening recently

My guess is people suggesting about grit and stuff, i've gotten stuck behind a lot of gritters, and my road is quite off roady lol I'll have a check after work :)

Back