Technical intermittent automatic wing mirror action

Currently reading:
Technical intermittent automatic wing mirror action

Hello & help from Bracknell Have just bought a Multipla jtd reg: 2001, which did not include an Owners Handbook...I am experiencing intermittent automatic wing mirror action.
I do not know how to correct it. Sometimes they swing themselves away on parking, sometimes they swing themselves towards me when I drive into the garage... sometimes they do neither, most often it is just the offside one that activates. I am aware of the control inside the car which I have used, but most times the nearside one has to be repositioned by hand. Can this be rectified within the vehicle or can they be deactivated altogether? I would greatly appreciate any advice, Thank you. :confused:

Re: suecochrane

Elsewhere you will read that you need to prise off the plastic cover inside the door and then part dismantle the assembly down to a black plastic junction block which gets some corrosion from rain etc. Clean contacts and its OK or better still by-pass it, solder the contacts together and then shrink tube it and tape it up.

cheers
mish

Shrink tube is bought from Halfords and auto electricians. Its just a plastic sleeve you push down the cable whilst you solder the ends together. Then when solder is cold you slide the tube over the joint and put a hair dryer on it and it then shrinks tight onto the cable and joint making it weathertight. It not only shrinks but there is also a meltable adhesive inside. HTH

cheers
mish

Shrink tube is bought from Halfords and auto electricians. Its just a plastic sleeve you push down the cable whilst you solder the ends together. Then when solder is cold you slide the tube over the joint and put a hair dryer on it and it then shrinks tight onto the cable and joint making it weathertight. It not only shrinks but there is also a meltable adhesive inside. HTH

cheers
mish
Thank you 'missionary' & 'T14086' .... now I understand! Yea!..I have a hairdryer, hot air stripper AND curling tongs!! I even have a soildering iron.....how sad am I? I'll be having a go! ;)

cheers
mish
Hi mish & T14086...Sorry I have not replied before....I'm new to this site & lost sight of the question...it took me a while to find it again! LOL

I have also asked a question about a possible gearbox problem, entitled 'Brrrrrrr noise from the front'. In Multipla, is it poss you have experience in this area too? I have listed jobs I have already had done.
Your expertise is appreciated.

Thank you :)

Sorry didn't see that - I have been away on the boat with my grandson for few days. I have not had that noise problem thankfully so can't help. Sorry Sue, but best of luck with it.

cheers
mish

Hi missionary...know its a while since you put this up...we had to have the gear box 'rebuilt' in the end. The bearings were replaced. At least we know that hopefully, we should have a 'few' miles fairly trouble free, well as far as one can say with any vehicle. Not as risky as breaker etc.
Hope you enjoyed your time with your grandson...you cant beat it !!
We find our grand & great grandchildren a delight !!

:wave: Madnanny (suecochrane)

Hello All

Hello everyone, just wanted to say thank you to the people who have taken the trouble to answer my questions. (y) I have just been looking at the map...it is impressive to see us all on there !!:hug:

Thank you again. :wave:

Back