Technical interior light bravo 1.8 hlx

Currently reading:
Technical interior light bravo 1.8 hlx

fiorino1

Hi there now there are a number of questions i have concerning this motor so here is one of them.. The interior light i found was not working, i also noted that the alarm fitted also does not work.. I took the unit down from the roof top and noticed that the bulbs had been removed? I put in two new bulbs but have found these not to work and after checking there is no live up to them..
Can someone tell me where the fuse is for this light but also does the interior light have anything to do with the alarm?? I am wondering if someone has removed the fuse because a fault on the alarm or that they have shorted the fuse breaking a bulb when removing?? Any help please where this fuse is located..
By the way the courtesy light in the boot is working so not sure if that on same circuit.. Thanks in advance

The alarm is made of two almost seperate systems really. In the courtesy light you also have a remote central locking reciver that also sends an arm/dissarm signal to the alarm. The alarm unit its self is under the passenger front wing behind the plastic wheel arch liner.

On the Mk1 behind the fuse pannel near the drivers right leg you also have a emergency on off key operated switch for the alarm system.

If you have remote central locking keys for your car there is a procedure to re-sync them to the reciever and alarm.

here is the key sync procedure but you need a four digit security code to do it. I will add to jugs post if your alarm system isnt communicating with the reciever you get 18 flashes for failed, but the RCL will still work seperatly as long as nothing else is faulty.
so you now have the remote codes, and working remotes
(and cant be bothered to search for the programming technique :nono:)

all you have to do is:

-Press the button that is between your courtesy light and the ultrasonic sensors on the roof of your car (near sunroof switch)
-Release the button after a second or two
-After a couple of seconds the LED will flash once
-Enter the first digit of your 4 digit code by pressing the button the relevant number of times
-After a couple of seconds the LED will flash once
-Repeat this for the next 3 digits of the code.

If the code was correct the LED will flash for approximately 10 seconds.
(If the code was incorrect the LED will remain on for 10seconds, so start from the beginning when the LED goes out)

-With the LED flashing press and hold the button on the car and then press and hold the button on the key. Keep them both pressed until the LED stops flashing and remains on.
-Release the button on the remote, then the one on the car.

now what heppens next depends on the age of the car. some cars have a red LED others have a green LED.

for a red LED, if the programming was successful the LED will flash 6 times, but if it was unsuccessful the LED will flash 18 times

for a green LED, if the programming was successful the LED will flash 8 times (i think, maybe less), but if it was unsuccessful the LED will stay on for a few seconds (8 i think?)

A good quality after market RCL/Alarm might be a good option. Or you could try and track down a Meta M20 Remote central locking realay just for RCL which is a fantasticaly simple solution.

For the courtesy light fuse its shared with the radio, glove box light, boot light, RCL reciever, alarm power supply. and it says clock power supply too.

It is behand the panel on the dashboard where the drivers right knee is, it should be 10 amp and one of the two servizi Services. Shown here

heres another pic to show where it is;

Alarm system

Thanks Adrian no sorry even though i saved all this as a reminder i don't have the 4 digit number as the sleeve that is supposed to have all these details is missing.. How do i get the 4 digit code?

Re: Alarm system

I dont know of a way to get the code or sort it without the code myself unfortunatly, maybe another member will.
Thanks Adrian no sorry even though i saved all this as a reminder i don't have the 4 digit number as the sleeve that is supposed to have all these details is missing.. How do i get the 4 digit code?

Back