Tuning Induction "pop" noise on deceleration

Currently reading:
Tuning Induction "pop" noise on deceleration

nlxon

I've just fitted a pod filter to my t-jet 150bhp and when I gun the engine and then let it settle I hear a "pop" sound coming from the induction systeam just before it settles to idle. Is this normal? And if so what is it, and can I stop it?

I don't think a BOV will stop it, I hear the "pisssh" when I release the accelerator, and then the "pop" follows.......

Do you call it a pop?I thought its more like a fluttering sound upon release?
i had it when i put in an open pod filter but the suction is too loud for my liking upon accelerating in low rpm.

I hear the turbo spool and the fluttering/pisssh when the pressure is released, but then I hear hear a "pop"...........

Yea I hear the "pop" too. I removed the pipe that returns the air to the intake (making an open loop BOV vs the closed loop that was before) so I can hear the pissshhh. After I release the pedal and the BOV removes the excess air with a pissshh, you can hear the pop right after. Maybe it's caused by the BOV closing?

Yea I hear the "pop" too. I removed the pipe that returns the air to the intake (making an open loop BOV vs the closed loop that was before) so I can hear the pissshhh. After I release the pedal and the BOV removes the excess air with a pissshh, you can hear the pop right after. Maybe it's caused by the BOV closing?
yeah bro,i did the same as u did.just disconnect the top right hand rubber hose connect & we get that sexy whoosh!
BUT,the pop i really dont hear it...is it really obvious or i have to listen hard?

At least its not just my car then; you can hear it in this guys video of his grand punto with a pod filter at 17sec http://youtu.be/VmllgeP3zFY

However I'm sure my pop is much louder!

Last edited:
At least its not just my car then; you can hear it in this guys video of his grand punto with a pod filter at 17sec http://youtu.be/VmllgeP3zFY

However I'm sure my pop is much louder!

Hey I tried listening to it over & over again paying special attention at the 17th sec but it just sound like an item drop?
Its really too soft but if u could just post yours that would be great

Last edited:
Right, i have just been out to look at this as my engine cover is already off.
The popping noise is simply the recirculating valve snapping shut after its been opened.
I cant see a way of stopping it as its metal hitting metal in the valve.
The only way around it would be to buy a completely different valve set up.

Back