Technical Indicator Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Indicator Problem

skiprat

Hi.
I have lost the Indicator and Hazard lights on my Fiat Tipo 1.4. This occurred after the flasher kept ticking even though the turn was cancelled. (athough the indicator lights did not come on).

After switching of the ignition, and then turning it back on again, the indicators refused to work and there was no sound of the unit ticking. Turning the ignition off and the hazards on also produced no results.

I replaced the flasher unit thinking that was the problem but with no success and testing the flasher socket with a multimeter across the L and + terminal slots shows no voltage coming through.

The fuses for both the Flasher and Hazard circuits are intact but there appears to be no power to these. All other circuits on the fuseboard are working ok, its just the indicator and hazards that I'm having problems with

I have heard mention of a flasher relay on the fuse board but cannot find where this is located to test that.

Can anyone kindly offer some advice here before I call in the Auto Electrician

Hi
I'm not sure where the relay for the indicator is. The manual I have refers to them being on the reverse of the fuse box, but all I can see are a number of square boxed on the same side as the fuses (where the flasher unit is plugged into).
I'll test them all for continuity anyway now that you mention it

skiprat said:
Hi
I'm not sure where the relay for the indicator is. The manual I have refers to them being on the reverse of the fuse box, but all I can see are a number of square boxed on the same side as the fuses (where the flasher unit is plugged into).
I'll test them all for continuity anyway now that you mention it

These are what I was reffering to :) Try Tapping them, might temporarily fix it, might have water in it and need drying out, might just be dead and need replacing.

Back