I'm...

Currently reading:
I'm...

chaos

Ah. Not good...
...thinking of leaving the fold. I've actually been tempted by a Lupo or Arosa 1400 TDi...a torque figure to make most HB Turbo Centos jealous without the drinking problem, £35 a year in tax, group 4 insurance...

I dunno what to do....

I love the Cinquecento but I'm wondering whether the time has come to move on :eek: I think I'm gonna have to do some more research...

I'd still hang around regardless though! :)

The GTI Lupo is still a powerful car though and will outperform the 1.4TDI when driven through the gears (y)

What hes trying to make out is that the Cinq whooped the ass of the GTI, so what would it do to the TDI, eat it up and then spit it back out again :rolleyes::D

What hes trying to make out is that the Cinq whooped the ass of the GTI, so what would it do to the TDI, eat it up and then spit it back out again :rolleyes::D

That as may be, but my original point still stands - the TDi is rated at 144 lbft - most HB turbo Centos have less, that was my point.

And a TDi would whoop my Cinq hands down, no question (all other things being equal).

why does it always have to come down to top speed/performance:confused: people do but cars for other reasons like looks,running costs,flexibility/load space,keep wife happy,seating space etc. I've never brought a car because its 'fast' but because it suits my needs.......ok the wifes:eek:

Last edited:
At the end of the day, find a car that suits you (y)

I bought the Stilo because i was after a car that looked sporty and attractive (and suited a driver my age - i cam from an 05 micra :eek:).

i set out wanting to buy a diesel if i did buy a car in this class, if i were to go smaller i was going to get a 1.6 petrol :D.

the stilo is only group 5 insurance, and costs less for me to insure then a new 1.4 corsa life :eek:, whilst being considerably faster.

i was also lucky in purchasing it because it came with extra such as the skyroof, 17 incg alloys, and abarth kit :p

its also going to have lots more added to it in the next year or so :rolleyes:

get the arosa/lupo and drop a vag 20vt lump in it with a big turbo conversion = 350bhp and absolutly no way of putting the power down, but damm fun!

get the arosa/lupo and drop a vag 20vt lump in it with a big turbo conversion = 350bhp and absolutly no way of putting the power down, but damm fun!

The VAG 1.8 turbo fits a Lupo :) Although that wouldn't be the reason why I would buy one ;)

lupo/arosa are great cars. my girlfriend's sister when from a cinq sporting to a mk1 arosa and the difference is huge as far as build quality and engineering are concerned. you actually feel safe in the arosa at 80mph.

Back