Technical Idle control valve

Currently reading:
Technical Idle control valve

ozfish

My 1999 Ulysee has the usual problem of uneven idling. I've taken the idle control valve out and given it a clean but it still ildes unevenly, though better than it was.
My question is when replacing a new one is there a sequence to follow, i.e let idle for a set time for ecu to recognise new valve or is it just put in, start up and drive off ?
I take it that they dont have to be adjusted prior to putting in as the valve is on a slider type mechanism ?
Many thanks,
Oz.

No you will have no problem with buying a new or second hand one.because i have the same problem like you,but now I'm still driving with no problem at all .loo at eBay,you will find it cheaper there,new is to expensive...

Got it sorted, its just a case of remove old (ignition off) new one back in, connect the wires ans start. Idles very high when first started after putting in, near 3,000 rpm for a minute then settles to around 900 rpm.
car runs so much better now.
Got a replacement part (brand new) off e-bay for £20 inc free postage. Far cheaper than Fiat and even local spares shops.

Back