I need help connecting MP3 to Stilo Abarth

Currently reading:
I need help connecting MP3 to Stilo Abarth

Does anyone out there know how to fool the stilo abarth head unit into thinking that a CD changer is fitted, so that the line inputs can be used for an MP3 player?

I figured it out myself on my marea, but can't do it on the Abarth.

As usual Fiat are F**K all help on this matter!!

Please take pity on me, I've been without good music for 9 months now.

When I was trying to sort my mp3 requirements I came across this, but 'Type 'B' is required if you do not have a CD changer installed, these are not yet available' put a stop to that course of action. Plus, I wasn't going to spend that sort of money.

PS I ended up buying a new HU with an AUX IN.

Thanks,

But my stilo has the sat nav screen and I don't really want to lose it. What's your's like? Is it possible to replace the audio part of the multimedia centre and leave the rest intact? I wouldn't have thought so.

The link you gave is interesting, but they don't advertise one for the magnetti marelli unit, which is in the stilo abarth.

I think it is much simpler to achieve line input on older Fiats. I did it myself on my marea and I know the same method works on the brava / bravo (grundig head units). It can be achieved for free, no need to spend £75.00

If anyone wants a diagram of how to do it, just drop me a line.

Mark.

His device might hold more music than a CD does.

Yes, it does hold more MP3's.

Also, it get's a bit tedious using the Nav. Upto 999 tracks on a disc and the player reverts to track1 everytime the power is cut. What a pain in the arse!

I understand it needs to do this for the sat nav to load up but surely you should be able to disable it!

Back