General http://uk-barchetta-owners-club.org.uk/

Currently reading:
General http://uk-barchetta-owners-club.org.uk/

Donthefiatfan

I saw the previous thread and also had an email conversation with Richard. I think it would be a crying shame for us to lose the club and website due to a lack of time or volunteers.

The more people that get involved then the less work there would be for each and more people to make it a more vibrant club that links directly into this Barchetta part of FF.

As a Barchetta owner I feel that I am in an Elite group and one that needs good visibility so we can show all those Punto and 500 boys and girls what a real car is like...

I am willing to step up to the plate and have offered my help to Richard - is there anyone else willing to help out - even a little?

Hi, I started the previous thread about the inevitable death of the Barchetta Owners Club, if there wasn't a change to recruit new members and organise events.

I'm also an Alfa Owners Club member and am lucky enough to belong to the East Midlands section that has a very dedicated chap who runs it. Whilst he is very dedicated I think he would be the first to admit that he couldn't do it without the help of others in the club.

I did say to Richard I would willingly assist, but don't have the time to run a club like this. If there is enough of us that can all contribute a little it will work.

The East Midlands AROC organises MITCAR - Midlands Italian Car Day and I am one of the many helpers - this year it is at Rockingham Castle on Sunday 17th August - why don't we have a Barchetta meet on the Saturday and a drive over to MITCAR on the Sunday?

Your thoughts would be welcome

Hi Arch, I went to the MITCAR event at Burghley House a few years back in my Alfa and really enjoyed it so I would definitely be up for Rockingham.
I think having a Barchetta meet on the Saturday would be a great idea. Richard is planning a Barchetta club weekend in June in Lincoln which is another meet that we can look to support.
If you are willing to help, plus me then with a few more we should be able to help keep the Barchetta club alive...

Well I suppose it's sort of related to the topic. I wouldn't be much use for the UK club running as we live in south west France, but a few years ago I was involved as Events Secretary for a UK based motorcycle club and once we moved down here I organised a short break for some members travelling to an International Rally in Spain. We stayed in an hotel in a place called Bagneres de Luchon (twinned with Harrogate) roughly half way along the Pyrenees on the French side. :idea: I've been thinking about offering something similar for the Forum, so if anyone from the UK club or anyone else on the forum, or ANY Barchetta owner is interested I'm quite willing to source a hotel in the region and can suggest some fantastic routes. Nothing official, no set itineraries, no 't' shirts, stickers or anything like that. Just the opportunity to take a couple of days drive to the area, a few days enjoying the mountains and meeting like minded loonies... let me know.
I was thinking of early June in case one of the European clubs does an official event.

Hi Crachat, I used to live in the Auvergne and so a trip down to the Pyrenees sounds like a great idea. Not sure if I can make it so soon though as it will depend on work and family etc..
Those with older B's or those that don't fancy the full drive could take the train to Biarritz or Hendaye perhaps?
I also saw in the general FF section that some guys are trying to organise a road trip down to Italy through the Alps...

I love the sound of a drive down to the Pyrenees in the B, but June's no good for me because of work, unfortunately.

Back