Stilo howdy dudee

Currently reading:
Stilo howdy dudee

jrjracing

hey peeps its hello from me......im currently running a stilo dynamic jtd and considering a shumey......hoping you can give me your thoughts on the following brain teaser:confused:

im looking at a dealer advertised shumey which they are advertising as the full monty all singin all dancin gp prodrive version.......but im concerned about a few things, there is no mention of it's limited edition production number which i think is odd, on one of its four listings the ebay one goes on to show it as a standard model and lastly every pic iv seen of other gp's show small oval shaped ms limited edition logos on left and right sides lower yet this one has small abarth logos fitted......in its only pic of the cockpit it does not appear to show a production number disc fitted!

If ya have a mo please go to (world wide web)sherwoodhallgarage co uk and have a look at the pics and tell me what ya think......or is it just me:rolleyes:

thanks muchly(y)

looks right to me, the guy just not spent a lot of time on advertising that's all - he's probably the sort that relies on people calling or coming for a look. this car will most likely have been a part-ex for one of his more high-end motors, so id be asking why it was part x'd

looks sweet though, I hope its genuine!
thumb.gif

actually...I see your points, I think its actually an Abarth, I can see Abarth emblems and its an abarth interior. Oddly, it looks like a shumy front bumper, its in the right colour but I suppose you need to go and look for the limited edition emblems and stitching etc.

Its either a standard red Stilo done up, or its a Red Abarth,. or its a Shumy!!

thanks civvy glad its not just me.......its a long way for me to travel to where it is to have a look......i did ring and he was really cagey about its production number and didn't seem to know what i was talking about! the advert heading is really clear that it is the top spec gp but then nothing else adds up......other than the dealer site its listed on auto trader ebay and preloved.....on most it shows that it has one owner yet shows three in the ebay listing, just feel that it could be an abarth which has been made to look like a shumey but cant believe they would have the bottle to bs that much or be that stupid if its not!:rolleyes:

do you think i could contact fiat with the reg and they could give me its history as i just don't trust the garage!?(n)

Last edited:
Hi buddy - yeah it's deffo a shummy tell tale signs are the unique bumpers the gearbox and interior. Also if you look at the interior photo just above the centre air vents on top of the dash (it's not very clear but.....) you can just see the limited edition oval MS badge which will have the number on it

I've got a shummy and my side skirt badges blew off in the jet wash so it put abarth badges on aswell so that might well be the reason. £2500 is a lot of car for not a lot of money IMO just make sure that cam belt has been done. If there's no evidence then it could be a good bargaining chip to knock another £250 off (y)

Back