Technical How to you change your selespeed oil?

Currently reading:
Technical How to you change your selespeed oil?

jakebox

Hi all.
I bought a 2006 1.3 multijet turbo punto grande at the start of the year with a broken selespeed actuator master cylinder. I searched around for a replacement for a while and ended up finding a complete gearbox 6 months later. I live in Australia and there isn't much of these cars around.
I only replaced the part. When replacing the oil as it had all came out as the master cylinder was cracked I couldn't find the correct oil anywhere local so I read on an alfa forum that you can substitute it with dex 3 oil. It's been running fine with that for the last 2 months I have been driving it around. However I would like to replace it to the correct oil as I have found a supplier.

I've had a search on the forums and can't find the correct procedure for replacing all the oil. Can anybody point me in the correct direction.
I have multiecuscan so bleeding the system is no problem.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.
Thanks
Jakob

The capacity is around 500ml . This is how you could do it (I also used this method to replace power steering fluid in my other car).

Get a big syringe or pump and remove almost all the fluid from the tank . Then start the engine and select 1st reverse and neutral gears. Switch off the engine and repeat the procedure 2 more times or until use all the 500ml or 1 liter new oil.

This should replace almost all the oil and as long as you don´t remove all the old from the tank air wont get in.

Fiat says that the oil does not need to be changed. I guess this is so the oil can degrade and then damage the gear box. (Like VW life time automatic transmission fluid that turns black after 5 years.)

The capacity is around 500ml . This is how you could do it (I also used this method to replace power steering fluid in my other car).

Get a big syringe or pump and remove almost all the fluid from the tank . Then start the engine and select 1st reverse and neutral gears. Switch off the engine and repeat the procedure 2 more times or until use all the 500ml or 1 liter new oil.

This should replace almost all the oil and as long as you don´t remove all the old from the tank air wont get in.

Fiat says that the oil does not need to be changed. I guess this is so the oil can degrade and then damage the gear box. (Like VW life time automatic transmission fluid that turns black after 5 years.)

That's along the lines of thinking of what I would have to do.
Yes they do all kinds of things to get money off us! It was expensive enough fixing this I'll get the correct oil and replace it every 20,000 - 30,000kms.
Thanks for your help.

Back