General How many miles has your GP done?

Currently reading:
General How many miles has your GP done?

Albert28

I'm looking at buying a higher mileage 1.4 petrol GP with good history but mileage is at 123,000.

Just wondering, how many miles have you got out of your GP? Particularly interested in petrol - Do they last?

Will be interesting to see what you guys say......

My 1.2 petrol 8v has done just under 110,000. In all honesty... the electrical gremlins are unreal at this point. Seems there are lights on for everything except the engine and components! Still goes as it should despite this and the strange rattle under the bonnet which ive narrowed down to either the clutch/gear box or the fact that i noticed yesterday that a bolt holding the engine in has actually worked its way out! Love my car but dont expect too much for the mileage unless it has been properly looked after and even so.

My 1.2 petrol 8v has done just under 110,000. In all honesty... the electrical gremlins are unreal at this point. Seems there are lights on for everything except the engine and components! Still goes as it should despite this and the strange rattle under the bonnet which ive narrowed down to either the clutch/gear box or the fact that i noticed yesterday that a bolt holding the engine in has actually worked its way out! Love my car but dont expect too much for the mileage unless it has been properly looked after and even so.

I'm slowly forming the opinion that a high mileage GP is not for me. I had a 2004 1.4 16v sporting punto some years back and the dash failed around the 128,000 mark so it went for scrap so the dealer told me and gave me £300 part ex. Have done a check more recently and it's still on the road lol

My Grande Punto has done 65,000 miles. :) Somebody I used to work with had a Grande 1.4 8v which was still going strong at over 112,000, and was still a good, reliable car. I get the impression that if they're looked after, they just keep going! You see similarly engined Pandas on here still going with 180-200k on the clock, lol!

1.4 8v has done just under 78,000 and is going fine other than using a little oil but has done this since I bought it.

Needed a gear box at 60,000, just 2000 after I bought it.

Other than that, it's just been general stuff you expect to wear out. Balljoints, shocks and springs, brake discs and pads, drop links and general service items.

Had the usual GP stuff, heater resistor, earth straps, rear washer tube, Christmas tree rear lights, divers door handle. None of these are expensive to fix and the cars are very easy to work on.
It's only failed to start twice, other due to broken earth strap other due to dying battery.

On account of them needing revved to get them to shift, I'd personally go for one with less miles unless there is a lot of service history. I got mine for £1600 about 3 years ago, 06 plate active sport with 58,000 on it.

Cheers

Ben

My 16v 1.4 (2008) is on about 105k. Still going ok for now (touch wood). Had it about 3 years and its needed a new battery, alternator, coil springs, radiator and window regulator due to faults. Also had a bumper repair, new air con condenser and another radiator due to accident damage (doh). On the bright side, i don't do many miles so the tyres and brakes fitted before i bought it are still (just about) still there :)

Last edited:
Not enough..lol

I have a GP Sporting 1.4 16v

Currently 180,000 miles and still going strong.

just changed the original clutch at 176,000!!!

Back