General how fast can uno's go?

Currently reading:
General how fast can uno's go?

rob191186

hey guys, just wondering how fast peoples unos can actually go, because the speeds vary for the same model. How fast can 1.0 i.e starts go, what is average speed?

According to manual the top speed of an Uno is around 96mph, this can vary due to the obvious like a hill or the wind behind you.lol. My speedo has clocked my 999cc Fire doin 107mph but speedos can be as inaccurate as 10-15% when at the top speed so im told.

Yeh speedos arent great for accuracy at high speeds. My Uno can get up to about 100-105 but im sure it aint doin that properly, its just what it says on the speedo.

Seriolusly, mosphit666 is right. With these small engines and a rather not very aerodynamic shape, wind and hills will matter. I've never tested how fast my Uno will go - don't dare either, but I've been doing 130 kmph and it was doing fine. That's 78 mph. I usually drive around doing 100 kmph (60 mph) which is a nice travelling speed for the Uno. I love life too much to test the top speed of this car.

Morten.

gas lowered on abarth wheels. upgraded interior and visuals. audio through phoenix gold and kenwood. air through k&n.

projects: exhaust. rust removal.

Honey that ain't no pistol - that's my LOVE GUN.

My 999cc FIRE with carburetor manages to hit about 102mph, in fifth gear, down hill between Junction 4 and 5 northbound on the M1! Late at night when it is empty I hasten to add..... On a level road it will top 90mph.

I've only done it a few times as I don't think the car likes being thrashed so much! I'd rather preserve engine life than see if the little red beasty will top 100 every day.

What is good is the way the little 1.0 litre engine can hold 70mph all day, and at a push even hold 80mph. Once up to speed it takes a steep hill to knock off the velocity.

Don't forget that top speed runs are normally measured with two people on board, half a tank of petrol, on a FLAT road and with the average speed determined by testing the car driving both ways.

Downhill with a following wind you'll be sure to register higher speeds.

And speedos are notoriously inaccurate, so 98 - 100 mph on the clock probably equates to a true 91 mph.

What Car? magazine reckon 91 mph top speed for a carburetor 999 FIRE, which sounds about right.

got my 999cc fire up to nearl 110mph on a69 so take off 15mph for speedo error and u are back to the book speed.
I took a photo of the speedo with my phone because I knew in advance no1 would be believe me. They didn't. But 10 minutes l8r they did.
Will try and find photo to post tonight.

----------
Say YES to the Million Dollar Challange! Watch the movie now
http://clayton.webwealth.us/movie/WebWealth.php

-Clayton-

----------​

My turbo panda will finish a 1/4mile at about 112mph with lots to spare top speed 236km/h(limited by gearing not power[}:)])

[:0] A panda doing 236 kmph [:0] I'd love to see that. Most common "high" speed in Norway is 80 kmph. Imagine being passed by a Panda doing 156 kmph more. Haha. What kind of Panda is this[?]

Morten.

gas lowered on abarth wheels. upgraded interior and visuals. audio through phoenix gold and kenwood. air through k&n.

custom turbocharged 999cc fire, look back and you´ll find posts i made of my progress:). It is by no means street legal and probably never will be:(.

The Uno is actually a very aerodynamic shape. The Mk1 Uno was the first car to blend the roof drains into the design of the car to aid aerodynamics for example. If you look back through old brochures you'll see that Fiat advertised it as, "The First Aerodynamic Small Car". It was a big selling point at the time. :)

Steve...

Visit my Fiat website; www.forzafiat.com

FF%20Brava%20a.jpg
FF%20Uno%20d.jpg

2001 Brava 1.6 HSX 100, 1994 Uno 1.1 ieS.

according to the speedo i'm just hitting 145mph when the 5th gear rev limiter kicks in. but then again it isn't a 1.0i :D:p

Dunc

uno%20sig%20pic.JPG
Standing 1/4 mile at Santa Pod - 14.63 @ 94.57mph

Dunc. You've been faster in miles than I've been in kilometres. Morten.

Back