Technical how does the door quarterlight come out

Currently reading:
Technical how does the door quarterlight come out

jcstuckinmuck

Hi all, i went to take my x1/9 to mot friday, and i didnt like the idea of having no left passenger side wing mirror, so ive brought a mirror and glass with hole for the mirror to fit.
How does the front quarterlight come out, the haynes manual does not explain its removal, anybody have any ideas

When you say door quarterlight - do you mean the interior light within the door card? Those you can just prise out a flat bladed screwdriver - they have a spring fit clip at either end to hook in to the door card.

Last edited:
I believe that JC may be referring to what we in the US refer as a wing window. The smaller of the two glass pieces in the door. The small triangular window closest to the front of the car that does not roll down and up.

On some years of the X1/9, the side-view mirrors are installed through a hole in this wing window.

I have not had to remove/install one. So unfortunately, I am no help. Sorry.

Yes thats the one the small glss one the door, as i would like to add a glass with hole in it for wing mirror,thanks guys

Take the door card off, remove the window glass - the quaterlight assembly includes the the front channel for the window. There are two bolts at the top and one at the bottom. Once undone the quaterlight and window channel lift out.
You will then need to remove the original glass without the hole and replace with your new one - not sure how it attaches, I can have a look if you want
HTH

Thanks steve g, thats brilliant, if you dont mind looking into how it attaches to the channel, that would be fantastic,, i just need to be sure ive got everything i need before comencing the job , may be when iam ready for mot i will have a wing mirror and then i can see where iam reversing lol

Thanks steve g, sorry for the late reply, work issues, will get on with it next week as the weather look better, thank for you great help

Back