honda Superdream Project

Currently reading:
honda Superdream Project

Percyhahn

What could my title be?
I havent been on here for a while, though dont worry, im still fiat/lancia fanatic :p.
I was looking for a project, and had a cb250n engine in the garage. so i decided to turn it into a project. i got an old frame with bars and forks for a whopping £6, and took it form there.
IMG00081-20110702-1211-1.jpg

this is the day i got the frame home.
IMG030.jpg

this is it now. everything has been stripped down, and repaired/re sprayed myself.
I have a load of photos on photo bucket if anyone is interested, my photo bucket name is percyhahn.
currently, iv completely stripped the engine down, and it was all going brilliant, until I split the case, and a big spacer/washer fell out. Iv tried rebuilding all the internals seperately to figure out where it goes, but cant seem to find it at the moment. so i darent touch it now, im hoping the next time I go to it, its put itself back together haha.
i suppose next id better get a bike license haha.

http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/percyhahn/ this is the album with the pictures on.

Last edited:
your joking! why did they have to destroyed?
thanks, i am enjoying doing it, and it has been a learning curve, i thought id start with a bike before moving onto an old fiat/lancia

Yeah a real waste but they were stolen/recovered insurance write off bikes, normally they'd have been destroyed anyway but the college I was at got them and used em for teaching for a few years, i stripped the whole engine on one as part of one of the assessments, ran first turn :D

Much easier when you have the best of every tool in a huge workshop, I miss that place :( lol

ahh dear, my frame has no v5, the previous owner never got it before the owner before him, so its long gone. im going to have to re register it.
im hoping mine strikes up straight away after i rebuild her.
yeah I bet, id love to have somewhere that was heaving with tools :)

haynes book of lies will help for torque settings but thats about it!

I had a CG125 as my first which i seized due to lack of oil... 30 mins later id dremmeled the little end and chucked a new piston in!

one weekend when i was bored i stripped her and welded and painted the frame and rebuilt the engine had new wider tyres fitted and did all sorts of stuff to her and thats what sent me down the dirty route of mechanic-ing 10 years later the CG is long gone but im still working with trucks lol

i had a GPZ305 too which spent 8 months of its 12month life with me stripped in some form or another mostly due to its roller bearing bottom end not being man enough for an over zealous 19 y/o ... then i got a bandit 6 that was the bike that made me respect it and also taught me the throttle was a variable thing... not an on off switch! ;)

Ah yes, the Honda Wetdream. The bike that nobody wanted but everybody bought. Long after all the most desired 250s, such as my Kwak S1 250, were gradually reduced to a pile of oxides these bloody things were still going.

Even today, when I leave the house to go on earlies at 05:15, I see a bloke wearing an open face helmet, hi-vis jacket and wellies trundles past. I spoke to him once at the petrol station and he told me bought it new.

Think about how much he'd have lost in depreciation if he'd bought cars and replaced them every 3 years.

haynes book of lies will help for torque settings but thats about it!

I had a CG125 as my first which i seized due to lack of oil... 30 mins later id dremmeled the little end and chucked a new piston in!

one weekend when i was bored i stripped her and welded and painted the frame and rebuilt the engine had new wider tyres fitted and did all sorts of stuff to her and thats what sent me down the dirty route of mechanic-ing 10 years later the CG is long gone but im still working with trucks lol

i had a GPZ305 too which spent 8 months of its 12month life with me stripped in some form or another mostly due to its roller bearing bottom end not being man enough for an over zealous 19 y/o ... then i got a bandit 6 that was the bike that made me respect it and also taught me the throttle was a variable thing... not an on off switch! ;)
haha, the superdream haynes book is pretty useless imho. also, i dont have a torque wrench, but roughyl know torque settings by hand, ish as i torque tighten at work.
sounds like your a quick worker! Mine was started in june, and its as it is now in thelast picture still. I still need to rebuild the engine, im just working out the best way to clean all the internals, as its in bits.

Ah yes, the Honda Wetdream. The bike that nobody wanted but everybody bought. Long after all the most desired 250s, such as my Kwak S1 250, were gradually reduced to a pile of oxides these bloody things were still going.

Even today, when I leave the house to go on earlies at 05:15, I see a bloke wearing an open face helmet, hi-vis jacket and wellies trundles past. I spoke to him once at the petrol station and he told me bought it new.

Think about how much he'd have lost in depreciation if he'd bought cars and replaced them every 3 years.
Yeah its unblievable how many superdreams and spares are out there, dirt cheap to. im stocking up a fair bit of spares, and possibly a couple more bikes while there cheap, as one day theyl go like british bikes i reckon and rocket in value. (that swhat i hope anyway).
i didnt think open faced helmets were legal? though to be honest iv never looked into it.

I still need to rebuild the engine, im just working out the best way to clean all the internals, as its in bits. sounds like your a quick worker!

an old icecream tub of diesel or petrol... ultra sonic bath... or if you dont tell the mrs the dishwasher with 2 tabs in ;)

the speed was more out of necessity than choice as i didnt have my car licence back then :lol:

I wouldn't bother wi superdream/slug & imo rs 250 was better as it had a kicker, also have you thought about powder coating for the frame?

Back