General Holiday MPG.......

Currently reading:
General Holiday MPG.......

Hi Folks,
Recently went away for a short break, thought I would let you know how the car went.........
Travelled from the Midlands along the M54 to Shrewsbury, and then on A roads to Welshpool and Newtown, on our way to Aberystwyth. Then along the coast road to Aberaeron/Cardigan and on to our destination of Fishguard.
First part of the run was easy going on the motorway, and the A roads along to near Aberystwyth, then from then on it was up & down, up & down.
The car was fully laden with 4 passengers plus all the junk, (sorry luggage), that teenage daughters and wife take on holiday.
Over all M.P.G. was 59.2 by the car computer, I checked it with pen & paper and came out with 59.4, either way.........thats great. The car has still only done a little over 6000 miles, so may improve even more yet.
One plus point is that the Qubo is popular along that part of the Welsh Coast, never seen so many in so small a area, red/green/blue, and even a taxi one in Cardigan.
Great little car, well impressed...........Qube O.:)

Second time I've typed this out, lost the first attempt into the never never land of electronics..............................:slayer:

I'm another one who kept an eye on the mpg whilst on hols. The car had only done 3.300 miles so I reckon the best fuel economy is yet to come.

Over the two Weeks away we did 1200 miles 50/50 m/way and A roads so I was quite happy to see trip compter gave an mpg of 57.1 on the way South, and just under 60 for the return trip. The car was loaded to max on both trips, and this lack on power that quite a few keep going on about never seemed to appear.

Hi Highlander,

I know what you mean, I have yet to find any real lack of power for normal motoring............the car pulls well in traffic, is great on the motorway, 75 plus no problem, up hill and down dale.

My motor has now covered just under 8000 mile, and is has got better and better..................

I see no reason to go for the bigger 95hp unit, plus my economy is great whatever kind of motoring I do..

Take care, Qube O. ;)

Just a little follow up with regards to holiday mpg.
Tonight I sat down and worked out the mpg over the holiday period with pen and paper.
We used 16.6 gallons for 1100 miles * 66.2mpg.
Now I'm not sure if I set the B trip computer correctly or not, but there seems to be 10mpg differandce between computer and paper, (yep i did put new battery in the calculator).

Got wife to check figures once again, I'M WELL CHUFFED WITH OUR QUBO.

Ian

Highlander,
Just need to check since you are quoting in gallons.

You are working out your litres used back to a gallon at 4.54 litres to the gallon?
(since pumps no longer read out gallons, for speed at the pump i look at 9.1 litres being as near to 2 gallons as matters)

How many litres used for the 1100 miles done?
george

PS
www & lots of US readers dont seem to know when reading forums/roadstests that an 'Imperial Gallon' gives you more litres of gas than a 'US Gallon'. (3.78 litres)
Important when you come to hire a car in the UK.

PPS
last week was driving the white qubo active auto 75bhp with 'asymmetric rear doors & black glass' (cost just £100 & £100 as options)
Was not south of the border but was around Fife/Deepsea World, Edinburgh, Musselburgh & North Berwick.
Big rain
& i was wishing i had the rear hatchdoor instead as a shelter when loading & unloading..
Otherwise the doors are great when space is limited & lifting the Hatch can be a problem..
Didnt make near the 60 mpg last week,
(you cant when sitting going no place fast lol not)
but bettering it this week in South Ayrshire & cheaper diesel at Morrisons & Sainsbury.
www.petrolprices.com

Last edited:
Hi st44gtw,

What happened to the poor little 6 !!!!!!!, poor wee mite all missed out. Its 4.546 litres to a gall (imp).

My Qubo really is great on fuel, I already commented on holiday MPG, but even on useless motoring around town it turns in 50+.

Cheers Qube O. :p

Even thow in my 50's i have made the move to metric mostly now.
(only occasionally slip back to thinking in MPG, like every time i look at the pump.)

That angels breath 6 is important, & i always used to use it over the long term if monitering fuel usage.
After all it is .6 of a litre difference with 10 gallons.

Given up hypermiling now & monitering MPG while doing different routes from my usual daily drives..
I just look at how many miles i cover & how many litres i use.

Holidaying passengers tend to want A/C on, windows open etc & ruin my control over fuel economy.
(only being half serious there, if they are paying halfers they can be cool if they want.)
george

It must be nice to have any passengers offering to pay anything.........wish my two teenage daughters had that thought.........its normally.......'Dads Taxi' to where ever & while we're there wheres your credit card.
Ah well, they may grow up in time.
Though by then fuel will probably be £10 a gall.
Cheers Qube O.

Morning Folks,
The calculation with regards to converting litres to gallons, was done at 4.543 litres to 1 gallon.

It was not until I was home, I noticed the discrepency between the cars computer mpg, and the miles travelled. This was what caused the pen and paper to come out.

cheers Ian

Back