High CO Emissions!

Currently reading:
High CO Emissions!

L

LeeH

Hiy Folks.

My 2001 1.2 sx Bravo has had high emission for the third year running now.

Readings coming in between 0.4-0.5 and as im sure you know they should be below 0.3.

Have fitted new CAT, LAMBDA, new exhaust, always fully serviced and gallons of red ex has been ran through it.

Thinking MAP sensor is next but at £120 i wanna make sure its the only option left??

Any advice would be apperciated?

Thanks

the air flow sensor,try that.Might be givin out the wrong reading.

sorry,in your case i think it could be the map? manifold air pressure? i dont have 1 on mine,i have a maf and wasnt sure.

get 1 from a scrappy.

Yeh its a MAP on a 1.2, found a manufacturer of new ones on eBay for £20.
Lets hope it fits.
Cheers.

Two things come to mind that can cause this:
1. RPM/ TDC sensor giving wrong reading
2. Air pressure and temperature sensor giving wrong reading

Also, per Fiat manual the emissions of the 1.2 are
1-5.jpg

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

Thanks again Sven.

by the 2nd point did you mean the MAP and also where is the first sensor located that you mentioned?

Thanks

Cant thank you enough for the info Sven.
Could you explain for me what the RPM/TDC sensor does??
Thanks

In short, it gives the info to the ECU how much rpm the engine has and with that gives info so the ecu can calculate the amount of fuel it needs, apart from other sensors like temp sensor, map ....., regulates the timing for the spark plugs, gives info when starting the engine.

Please do not think its the only sensor involved in making the fuel/ air mixture, there are more of them involved like detonation sensor, temp sensor, speed sensor ......

Also did you do a diagnostic check ?

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

Yeh i've had a diagnostic check but not from an official fiat garage, no error codes were showing.

I really cant afford a new car, so its going to have to be a process of emilination.

Ill try the rpm/tdc sensor then if theat doesnt work, an ECU swap as theres plenty of Ebay selling all needed components.

could be an expensive time.

Thanks for all help and advice.

Cured!!

For anyone who has been following this post, commented or suffering from the same problem - I've finally cured my 3 year emissions problem.

Turned out to be that the CAT after all!! But not quite that obvious. After speaking to numerous garages in my area it came out that the CATs the local motor factor is selling are very poor quality.

So got a garage to source me a type approved one for £110 and BAM!! no more emissions.

Thanks to anyone who commented.

glad you got it sorted,no one thinks of the item of where the cause is cooming from lol