Herald.jpg

Herald 1200 Special Export Model

Triumph Herald 1200 Covertible

Introduction

Car number 3. Getting newer this on is only 10 years old at the time. Oh how I wish I had kept that. It caught fire and burned out not that long after I sold it. Never buy a used car from that man........ I bought it from the Hall bursar and managed to retain her covered parking space. Not sure how I did that. May have been my youthful charm. It had disc braked which was not yet the norm at the bottom of the market. On the whole a great car. Another 50K under my belt. Two dogs used to sit in the back and look after her when I went shopping. They never went AWOL either.
Herald.jpg
Reactions: H130GNK
As an apprentice I was told there was a nearly new Triumph Herald outside I could have really cheap!!!! Initially it looked immaculate , I couldn't see why it was so cheap, until someone said "just look underneath at the chassis", I had never seen so much rust on a vehicle that new. Guessing it had been left at the low tide mark down the harbour!
I nearly bought another car with a Triumph Herald engine and a modified VW transaxle for £65 , I turned it down in the early 70s, big mistake when you check the prices for Amphicars these days!!!:(

Back