General help1992 uno turbo 1.4 ie

Currently reading:
General help1992 uno turbo 1.4 ie

my 1st uno turbo

hi ive just bought my 1st uno turbo and the exhaust manifold is blowing and i dont no where to start but does the plenum chamber and injecters have to come of please help me

he rooled it to the back off someone its all straight and good apart from the rust on bottom of passenger door abit on the roof and one rusty arch engine is mint fastest 1.4 ive ever been in i have allways wanted one of these now i no why

I test drove this car and it has a very slight wobble at 60mph and the car genraly does not feel right i would check that it is straight i hope your didnt pay over the odds for it seb (the owner ) is a nice bloke but over priced it by £500 he wanted £1000 for it if you brought it for that you may have made a mistake good luck!

u can take the inlet manifold off from looking at it i done it before and then the exhaust manifold is in your face

Any updates on this?

If you get it up on axle stands and crawl underneath to get a reasonable view of the manifold with one of those extra-bright LED torches, you may be able to see where the exhaust's escaping.

I seem to remember being told (by SteveNZ) that the manifolds crack where 1 and 4 cylinder pipes join to 2 and 3.

Anyway, the manifold will have to come off to get a crack repaired, or if it's just the gasket, it still has to come off either way... so dive into it :) I think you need to drain the cooling system (since the turbo is plumbed in). Best of luck!

-Alex

Last edited:
Back