help to bleed brakes

Currently reading:
help to bleed brakes

bilopapa

guys howsit im having a problem on bleeding my brakes on my fiat fire 1.1....so basically the problem was that i had to pump the brakes 4 times to stop...so i changed the brake booster cylinder...now when im trying to bleed the brakes theres no brake fluid coming out of the nipples on the wheels to bleed...so please any suggestions?

guys howsit im having a problem on bleeding my brakes on my fiat fire 1.1....so basically the problem was that i had to pump the brakes 4 times to stop...so i changed the brake booster cylinder...now when im trying to bleed the brakes theres no brake fluid coming out of the nipples on the wheels to bleed...so please any suggestions?
Try filling the master cylinder to the top and slackening the outlet pipes from the master cylinder, keep topping up until clean fluid comes out then tighten the outlet pipes at master cylinder.
Do not touch the brake pedal whilst doing this. In the past with all the rest of the brake system good, following this no further bleeding was required, however as you have opened other bleeders once the above as suggested is working I would then bleed the rest of the system and check for leaks.
All this assumes the replacement master cylinder was a good quality new one.;)
By the way I often used to "bench" bleed the master cylinder before fitting to speed it up.

Agree with the above ! You might have gotten an "air lock" in the new cylinder when fitting!- if all else fails you can get/ hire/borrow a vaccum bleeder which basically "sucks" fluid through the system!.

Back