Technical Help setting up 850 carb

Currently reading:
Technical Help setting up 850 carb

hairgoneJohn

Hi

I've got a 1973 850 Spider that is running rich. The plugs are coated in black soot. The carb has been checked over and seems fine. Adjusting the idle screw makes no difference.
I'd like to find someone in the South East of England who make be able to help. It has been suggested to me that I need someone who understands Webers, has a rolling road and a box of Weber jets.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

John

Hi

I've got a 1973 850 Spider that is running rich. The plugs are coated in black soot. The carb has been checked over and seems fine. Adjusting the idle screw makes no difference.
I'd like to find someone in the South East of England who make be able to help. It has been suggested to me that I need someone who understands Webers, has a rolling road and a box of Weber jets.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

John

Hi John
ive had good reports of Minispeed who i think were in the surrey area, they seem to understand small engine and have a rolling road, am i correct in remembering you don't have a standard engine or carb set up.

Tim

Hi Tim

Thanks for that. I'll try to get on to them. Their website appears dead and there is another site called "minspeedrippedmeoff" !

Cheers
John

Back